BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Any idea when these'll be available? /impatient
    tbh I have no idea. I've been planning to release all four miniature ranges at the same time, along with all the rules as well. The Tolathian range is 1 model away from completion, and I have the next 3 Luuran kits WIP, once I get resin recasts of the Abyssal Drone, I can make all of those units (which will be faster than the other armies as they don't need specific poses), theres also the Axon Synapse which I havent even started yet! that's agout 40 kits in total, I've finished about 17 of them so far.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Wow, that'll be one hell of a splash when they're released! Best of luck, it'll be awesome when they're ready.

Chapter-Master

Wow, that'll be one hell of a splash when they're released! Best of luck, it'll be awesome when they're ready.
    Dropzone Commander recently did the same thing, and it seemed to work for them - so that's encouraging, allthough I doubt my stuff will have as much success, as DZC stuff is more accessible. Hopefully seeing everything all together will give people a better view of the world/universe iv created though which is part of the intent of doing it that way - the othe reason is because I don't want people waiting for an undeterminable amount of time for units. I know the release will also have a bunch of free stuff like Rules, army-books (in PDF) and music soundtracks for each .
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Yeah, starting off with a solid foundation is a good move. Have you considered making a short video ad or two, showcasing the minis and music? Maybe BoLS would post one.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, starting off with a solid foundation is a good move.
    I think a core of 4 complete armies is the best way...four just feels right to start with really as you get a little variety, and nobody has to wait for units. Because army books will be downloads, it means I can add pages to it when new units when they are completed too. 10 units each is enough to begin with, but it doesnt create much variety in the long-term IMO.

Have you considered making a short video ad or two, showcasing the minis and music? Maybe BoLS would post one.
    I probably will do something like that yes, I may even use the web show's tolathian puppets to make it a little more cinematic. Probably best to wait till iv got pro-painted versions of the kits though - my painting is ok for personal stuff, but id rather have a fantastic painters work to showcase the models commercially.

Chapter-Master

Following up last week's pictures. Today I have some photos of some of the new Tolathian units! which means they are 8 out of 10 units finished now!

I do apologise for brightness of the white areas of the sculpts, you can't see their eyes and mouths in some parts, but please know they ARE there! :P

Thunder Drummers
    Mystical warriors with unknown origin. The Thunder-Drummers carry an advanced piece of weaponry in the form of a drum which when smashed with their arm-limb can trigger a reaction in the sky sending thunderbolts crashing randomly into the areas where the enemy reside. When thunderbolts arent enough, they can also create an acid-rain as a defensive attack to ensure their survival against overwhelming odds.

Gusts
    Nearly as common as Wisps, when situations call for close-combat, the sheer toughness of a Gust can take on even the most hardened of warriors usings its teeth and hard sharpened limbs to punch holes right through the bodies of the enemy.

Chosen Of The Runes
    The Chosen are the elite warriors of the Master of runes. The Chosen can create a field of fog around their bodies as well as the enemy, from their runic flutes - making them perfect for stealth and causing confusion. Once a field of fog has been unleashed around a squad of enemies they will let out a barrage of electrical energy that detonates the fog around the enemies, causing them to burn in blue flames.

Cyclone Master
    As the name suggests, it has alot of physical power as well as being the leader of Tolathian armies. The Cyclone Master can control and create the winds around the area it stands, generating powerful cyclones and hurricanes to crush the enemy or use its ability to litterally change the landscape around it to protect its troops or make the terrain more strategically superior to better chances of victory or survival against enemies.

Interesting how the tools interact with the silhouette - the basic Tolathian form has a "flow" to it, which the tools conflict with.

Have you considered doing more detailing on the handles of the tools? Could add something interesting to the models, particularly the flutes (Assuming any details aren't just lost in the glare!)

Chapter-Master

Interesting how the tools interact with the silhouette - the basic Tolathian form has a "flow" to it, which the tools conflict with
    It's nice to feel like someone "gets" what I'm trying to do. It's a rarity. Yeah, that was basicly the design niche for these guys. Silhouette's are also something very important to me looks-wise.

Have you considered doing more detailing on the handles of the tools? Could add something interesting to the models, particularly the flutes (Assuming any details aren't just lost in the glare!)
    I hadn't really considered or thought about that, but it's an interesting idea as I guess they could be considered a bit too plain, but I'm not sure what sort of deals could be put onto the handles, any suggestions?

The two directions which pop to mind for me (excluding some stuff that would make it too contiguous with the Tolathians themselves, such as making the tools organic) would be to add smaller parallel tubing, buttons, holes and other such gubbins often found on flutes, or to semi-randomly whittle away at all sides of the tube with an exacto knife to give it a weird, semi-angular look (used that technique to make the edges of my Plaguebearers' swords look rough and worn, but it gives a very different feel when done to all sides of an object - something halfway between coral and crystalline).

Chapter-Master

The two directions which pop to mind for me (excluding some stuff that would make it too contiguous with the Tolathians themselves, such as making the tools organic) would be to add smaller parallel tubing, buttons, holes and other such gubbins often found on flutes, or to semi-randomly whittle away at all sides of the tube with an exacto knife to give it a weird, semi-angular look (used that technique to make the edges of my Plaguebearers' swords look rough and worn, but it gives a very different feel when done to all sides of an object - something halfway between coral and crystalline).
    thanks for these suggestions, I'm going to try the ones I like out best on some test-bits before I go back to the original ones to update them.

I also added various other protrusions and details to older models - they now have more thin wirey/tendrilly esque bits on them to add more asymmetry.

It probably isn't surprising that tree's and plant's are actually one of my biggest real world inspirations. For some reason I just really love the sillohettes of things like that. I guess it's what has become my "style", which hopefully shows through.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast