BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Here is the WIP "new" Master of Unlife :

The old one felt more like one of the Masters pets than a Master itself, so it has been repurposed as as "Guardian" instead.
    I like this, but I wonder if it wouldn't be better if the "body" was more upright, and the angle between the "body" and "neck was more acute. It would have more of a "big scary, monster looking down it's nose at a mere human victim" feeling, at least in my head.

It does rather remind me of some of the images of Phyrexians in Magic: The Gathering, especially the priest/captain-level guys. It's more the feeling I'm thinking of, rather than any real physical resemblance, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    I might've been typecasting you a bit, I'd just assumed they were tentacles :P
    These aren't tentacles, they're gentacles!

Chapter-Master

Thanks for all the comments and support people have given me this year, it's really meant a lot and helped to drive me forward to make this dream a reality. Wanted to show some more stuff, but sadly havent had the time. I am nearing completion of the last two models for the tolathians and luuran though, so I expect those model ranges will be 100% done before next year - then I will be working on the next two model ranges, one being the masters of unlife of course, the 4th I am still deciding!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Ok, not to do with the miniatures...but I got a camcorder for xmas, so I've been playing with it a little and did some test footage to see how well my puppet looks on camera with it's eyes glowing under different light levels and took some pictures :

https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

First post of the new year and I have a special preview of one of the new races - the Cascadians. They are perhaps one of the most abstract/weirdest designs I've come up with but still in my "style" of thin and wirey asymmetrical sillohettes! I am really happy with it though. For those that do not know about the Cascadians, they a type of sentient/intelligent anti-body created by the Time vortex within the Ether itself - so I guess they are like cooler versions of Time Lords.

I'll get a clearer/better pic when I can - but you get the idea

Like the Master of Unlife, especially the tentacle mass. Interested to see how the Cascadian turns out. Perhaps replace the smooth tentacles on it with more geometric bits? (Maybe coat them in tiny cube/pyramid beads?)

Chapter-Master

Like the Master of Unlife, especially the tentacle mass. Interested to see how the Cascadian turns out. Perhaps replace the smooth tentacles on it with more geometric bits? (Maybe coat them in tiny cube/pyramid beads?)
    tbh im pretty happy with how the sculpt is at is it, but I like those ideas quite a lot for other units. I was thinking of adding small triangular shapes onto the ends of those two tendrills at the very bottom of the figure (as they are meant to be sensory-organs).

Fair enough, very much a matter of taste thing. Should really pop when it's fully detailed and painted!

Chapter-Master

Fair enough, very much a matter of taste thing. Should really pop when it's fully detailed and painted!
    Thanks! I'm thinking they will probably be painted in a clean white colour with glowing areas (such as the globe on the head and right tendrill) in a glowing hot pink colour! Still need to find an artist really as I think this game needs some good art to get the vision across.

I like the Master of Unlife also, and your little puppet looks very good.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast