BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Skaven is one of the few armies that let you continue to fire at the enemy....even if its straight through your own troops . But skaven are a real fun, just watch out they have a tendency to blow themselves up and take everything in the area with them. Another good point about them is they have some units that hit so hard and they cost little in points, and if you made slaves ahahaha you just shake your head because you will have so many units of men. One downside I can say is....have fun painting...so many models...

The painting can be tedious, even when using techniques like dipping.

Default Painting Intimidation

While it is a chore to paint horde armies like Skaven, the smaller models themselves aren't really that bad to paint. I think with planning and the use of spray paint( and an airbrush), plus washes, they should be doable. At least that what i keep telling myself. I just started a new Skaven Army myself.

Painting Skaven can be a real challenge but, once the whole army is done, it looks amazing! nothing is more intimidating that facing an army that outnumbers you 2-1 and sometimes 3-1.

In general Skaven are very competitive and fun, specially once you realize that their gadgets tend to do great or completely awful for you!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbears View Post
    While it is a chore to paint horde armies like Skaven, the smaller models themselves aren't really that bad to paint. I think with planning and the use of spray paint( and an airbrush), plus washes, they should be doable. At least that what i keep telling myself. I just started a new Skaven Army myself.
    I paint the bulk of my Skaven using a light grey primer, base coat everything (I find that the paint goes on smoother on a lighter primer color) and hit skin with Ogryn Flesh and everything else with Devlan Mud. Finish up with some brown and orange stippled with a piece of foam on metal parts to make them rusty. Voila. Because the minis are so detailed the wash works wonders.

One could dip, but I've always felt that the consistency of a dip is "off", too gloss, and generally too nurgley for anything but Nurgle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12