BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

A battle report is quality content when not just centred around "look at the shiny new all kill-y unit we made...."

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

By that reasoning, none of the Battle Reports in any of the Magazines I mentioned are "quality content." They all focus their battle reports on how the new stuff works in a game.

FWIW, the Chaos army in the Battle Report in the new WD only uses one new monster model.

isn't the WD battle reports fake? They are not actually really played?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master

They used to be more "real"

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

bought it and read it,

I enjoyed it, it isn't WD issues 1-50 by a long shot but sadly for me those days are long gone.
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

They play two or three games and pick the most interesting one for the battle report.

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    isn't the WD battle reports fake? They are not actually really played?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    They play two or three games and pick the most interesting one for the battle report.
    What you mean to say is they play 2 or 3 games and they pick the one that shows the new army winning
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Nope, new armies lose sometimes. I think either OnG or Skaven did most recently for Fantasy, I forget which for 40k.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Adeptus Custodes

I'll keep an eye on this thread, What ever happened to Paul Sawyer when he left? He droppped off the face of the GW planet. What ever happened to Space McQuirk? I just remember him for the silly name.

Hopefully they'll ditch the LoTR bit. It lanquishes unloved and unread at the back of every white dwarf I ever bought, pretty much the same as the sports bit in any newspaper I buy.
    More Necromunda please.

Chaplain

Please GW, get rid of Lotr. Get rid of the game, get rid of the license, get rid of the White Dwarf section. Spend resources on a new, more interesting, more played game, or even just on the two you already have.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast