BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 116 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Chapter-Master

I like Elcor. But i highly doubt i'm going to get one on my team...love the advert on the citadel in ME2 for "the 14 hour Elcor Hamlet"

But seeing as I won't get them, probably be a Drell online

As for Insane....i'd imagine most of it wouldn't be too bad. But some of it would be evil. The bit where you get ambushed on the Collector ship halfway through the game was hard enough on Hardcore....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Bah Insanity is boring. First colony level, empty clip into an enemy, reload in cover, empty clip, reload, let shields recharge, move onto next target. Sloow pacing, not sure I can be bothered with it. I get that the enemy have to be tougher but spending 30 seconds killing a single security mech is tedious.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

So, I was at NYCC this past weekend, and I got to play the demo for ME3. I went with the Engineer class... the melee attack for the Engineer is crazy. He forms the blade, then uses it to sweep towards the enemy's leg... when it contacts, it makes a big fiery explosion that kills the dude.

I also really liked the new power upgrade method... there are 3 "basic" upgrades at first (The power itself, then usually a Damage, Cooldown, or other similar upgrade, then usually a different one after that), then then 3 "choice" upgrades after that. Choices were usually a choice between, say Damage and Radius, or similar stats. So you can really specialize how your powers will work as you level up. The weapon upgrades table was a little strange... basically, each weapon can get 2 upgrades (not sure if this is expandable), which is a little more similar to ME1's upgrade system, instead of ME2's "Mass Upgrades". Kinda cool, though, each upgrade changes the appearance of your gun, so that was neat to see.

I kinda wish there was a multiplayer demo up, but sadly, there was not. It was a good long demo, too, pretty much that whole demo video you've already seen online, where you protect the Krogan Female until the giant mechsuit drops through the roof. Apparently, the Mechsuit's AI was not prepared for the Engineer's Turret, btw... it tried desperately to fight the thing I had thrown right next to it, while the rest of us stood around and blew the suit away.

I can't wait for this game.

Sounds very promising, I hope they release the damned demo soon. And the female Shepard trailer.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

As long as it has hats....

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

Yes... if it has hats then it will be even more awesome.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Is this a euphemism for something?

Librarian

I prefer ladders, ME3 needs more of them.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chapter-Master

What Mass Effect needs?

More Lifts. Long long lifts.

I refer once more to the great ones at Penny Arcade

Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I liked the way they poked fun at the lifts in ME2, in Mirandas loyalty mission having the muzak play and then she rips the control panel open and makes it go faster. Then if you have Garrus and Tali together on the citadel he starts to tease Tali about the conversations they would have in the elevator and Tali denies all knowledge and threatens him with her shotgun.