BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default 40K e-books on Amazon - a warning...

Hey all.

Got a Kindle for my birthday the other day. This christmas will mostly be spent in Afghanistan so wanted to get one now and buy a book a week to spread the cost.

Anyhoo, looking on Amazon for 40K books. 2 turned up, by authors I never heard of. Awesome quality artwork - easily on a par with dodgy black library such as Gaunt with the Rogue Trader Mutation 'moronic pinhead'.

As the blurb on amazon was crap I went to Black Library to find out what these books were. Couldn't find them, a bit of google later and it turned out they were FANFIC! Charging for FANFIC!

On b&stard Amazon! The cheek of it, as Jules says, 'Sewer Rat might taste like pumpkin pie but I still won't eat the filthy M&*%$£ FU*&@!'

Most Fanfic is self indulgent shoit and I can't believe Amazon is trying to make me pay hard-earned money for it. I would rather have Battle for the Abyss tattooed behind my eyelids so all I can see when I'm asleep is that balls.

Thought i would let you all know in case you click faster and find yourself paying for stuff that is not official...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Thanks for the heads up, Denzark!

I'm pretty sure the only fanfic I've actually enjoyed was the Dornian Heresy, and that's free.