BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Vampire counts

Default Vampire counts

At the back of white dwarf, new vampire counts are to be released along with rules for a monster. Anybody know what the new models are or the monster?

Chapter-Master

Actually I'm not sure the whole army is being updated. It just says that August's issue will feature new rules for a vampiric monster. And there hasn't been any chatter about VC being updated, so I wouldn't get your hopes for a new army book/models.

Thanks Wildeybeast. So, the main focus must be sisters. Am I stood correct?

From what I understood Vampire Counts were getting their 2nd wave of models, and their "big monster" is going to get new rules to make it more rugged for use in storm of magic.

So I'm going out on a limb that these are new rules for thier Winged Nightmare.
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440102a&prodId=prod1160 096[/url]
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-10-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an Abyssal Terror. The picture and description in the army book are *so* awesome! 8D

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbums View Post
    Thanks Wildeybeast. So, the main focus must be sisters. Am I stood correct?
    Who knows? This is part of the 'new direction' for WD, focusing on putting game content in there, so it's uncharted territory. Sisters is all the background in the next issue no word on whether they will have models, I supect they will come with the rules in Sept (if indeed they come at all). The fact that the monster is getting rules in WD would suggest it isn't something already in either the VC book or Storm of Magic.