BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Codex: Chaos Space Marines hint?

In the Experimental Rules section of the new Contemptor pattern Dreadnought from Forgeworld, I found this passage: -

A Space Marine Contemptor Dreadnought is an Elites Choice in
    a Codex Space Marine, Codex Dark Angels, Codex Space Wolves,
    Codex Blood Angels or Codex Black Templars army. Until a
    specific variant of this unit is featured in a forthcoming book, the
    Contemptor as listed here may also be used in a Codex Chaos Space
    Marines army.

To me, the last sentence is a hint that Chaos Space Marines might not be far off. What do you guys n gals reckon?

I think it more likely it is referring to a future Forge World book, rumour has it Chaos Marines will be featuring in IA12 or 13.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Abbess Sanctorum

As part of their droll Horus Heresy series.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's referring to IA books. The Contemptor is pre-heresy, so only the original traitor legions will have access to it. I imagine that an IA book wil restrict it to only certain types of Chaos marines e.g. Death Guard but not Red Corsairs. There's not been any other chatter of a Chaos codex so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I wouldn't assume soon, but I found the entry promising for the future as well...my hope is next year!!

Well it does follow the rumoured 6th edtion rules with a new Chaos codex of some sorts, so it does look promising.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    As part of their droll Horus Heresy series.
    Why do you even post. You clearly hate this hobby. I don't get it.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Why do you even post. You clearly hate this hobby. I don't get it.
    Horus Heresy does not equate to the entire hobby. All Horus heresy is is an excuse to have marines fighting marines over marines while marines talk iwth marines about marines being loyal to marines while other marines are betraying marines. I like the aesthetics of Marine models sure, but the fluff bores me.

Marines are a minor and relatively unimportant speck of 40k lore, and if the only posts of mine you listen to is my opinion about Marines in general and the Horus Heresy in specific you might get that impression, but then, you'd only be reading a very small portion to begin with, like if you read twilight and then claimed all vampire fiction is arse.

No, sir, I like Warhammer 40,000. Horus Heresy is ten thousand years off, and about that many points below zero on the 100 point scale of "does this interest me".

[/rant]
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

The Dark Mechanic

To paraphrase Laugh-In, "Here come the spam, here come the spam..." Isn't this topic about Chaos Marines?

As a Chaos collector for more than 2 decades, I would like to think we have a more colorful, characterful Codex Chaos Marines coming soon, but I'm not sure I would take one little line on the Forge World website as something to start jumping up and down about. However, it does make it tempting to buy one of these new Contemptors and use the FW rules for it in a Chaos Marine army.

Also, the Contemptor has highly articulated limbs, making for some real action pose possibilities. That alone makes it a tempting kit, you can really pose the arms, fingers and legs in dynamic ways without converting. And it looks cool!
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Abbess Sanctorum

Indeed, it looks nice, as I've posted in a few of the many thousnads of threads on the topic, but since the topic was about whether or not the model indicated a C:CSM codex, the answer was no, the model was part of their horus heresy malarkey :P

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast