BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Possibly, I must have missed it though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Retire is such a strong word. What would this "retirement" entail exactly? If they were removed from play this would probably do little than piss off some players that their favorite army is no longer playable. There's not much reason for it anyway, maintaining a line with no updates is probably relatively cheap, and rules can be updated by errata or White Dwarf now if necessary. Most of us would rather see the army still be playable and not get an update ever, than have the army they already own get suddenly removed from play. This attitude would just kill niche armies, as no one will buy them because they fear it will just get retired soon creating a self-fulfilling prophecy while everyone tells people to buy a more popular army for their main army, and only go after unpopular armies if you really, really like them.

I really expect the lack of updates for some armies IS the GW form of retirement. Two camps of armies, one that gets regular updates, and one that doesn't.

Notice how in the Lexicanum article it says "Every Warhammer army has a counterpart in the Warhammer 40,000 universe..." and "Skaven have not got a parralel race...", well I always though it was Skaven=Tyranids...

Alright, story time.

My "source" (let's call him Mr. Black because it sounds cool) has been leaking small tidbits to his friends for years, with the understanding that we keep things under wraps and not say anything until it becomes public knowledge on the internet. He's a cool guy and we want him to keep his job. One of the guys in my group is a poster on Warseer and he leaks like a soggy teabag, though. Mr. Black suspected this, but it wasn't that big of a deal because most of the information he shares with us is either confirmations of rumors that are already out there, it's small stuff that most people wouldn't care that much about (fluff, internal workings, etc). Well, Mr. Black has a laptop, and on that laptop are the next 2-3 unreleased codices plus plenty of other work-related stuff. When Mr. Black went to the restroom one day without locking his laptop, our leaky friend snuck a peak at the unreleased GK codex and leaked a ton of rumors onto Warseer. He didn't get caught at first, but suspicions were running high. Later as a test, Mr. Black told Leaky about some new information he'd heard from on high (all of it completely BS), and sure enough the next day it's all over Warseer under the same account name as the guy who leaked the GK rumors.

Now that we have confirmation that Leaky is a ****, he is being fed a lot of utter BS to see how gullible he is and/or how long it takes him to realize that he's been caught red-handed. I don't know Leaky's screenname but people who frequent Warseer might be able to take a stab at it.

That said, I haven't talked to Mr. Black in a few weeks and have no idea if this Hrud information is legitimate or not. Basically I'm just giving the rumor mill a bit of a warning.

TL;DR: Be wary of what you read on Warseer.
    Last edited by LittleBird; 06-29-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Or you lie... why do you tell these lies!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Actually GW seems to be trying to increase the rate it updates armies, I think it was Harry on Warseer who said the one at a time policy was being abandoned. So introducing new races might not slow down the rate of updating.
    Doubt that. Not going to happen.

GW will continue to release at most three 40k codices a year, and if you are a marine player, you get a new codex every 6 months basically.

Having a new race is just going to push everything further back.

You all will be happy to get a Hrud army, sure, but after 6 years with no update, you'll be pissing and moaning as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBird View Post
    Alright, story time.

My "source" (let's call him Mr. Black because it sounds cool) has been leaking small tidbits to his friends for years, with the understanding that we keep things under wraps and not say anything until it becomes public knowledge on the internet. He's a cool guy and we want him to keep his job. One of the guys in my group is a poster on Warseer and he leaks like a soggy teabag, though. Mr. Black suspected this, but it wasn't that big of a deal because most of the information he shares with us is either confirmations of rumors that are already out there, it's small stuff that most people wouldn't care that much about (fluff, internal workings, etc). Well, Mr. Black has a laptop, and on that laptop are the next 2-3 unreleased codices plus plenty of other work-related stuff. When Mr. Black went to the restroom one day without locking his laptop, our leaky friend snuck a peak at the unreleased GK codex and leaked a ton of rumors onto Warseer. He didn't get caught at first, but suspicions were running high. Later as a test, Mr. Black told Leaky about some new information he'd heard from on high (all of it completely BS), and sure enough the next day it's all over Warseer under the same account name as the guy who leaked the GK rumors.

Now that we have confirmation that Leaky is a ****, he is being fed a lot of utter BS to see how gullible he is and/or how long it takes him to realize that he's been caught red-handed. I don't know Leaky's screenname but people who frequent Warseer might be able to take a stab at it.

That said, I haven't talked to Mr. Black in a few weeks and have no idea if this Hrud information is legitimate or not. Basically I'm just giving the rumor mill a bit of a warning.

TL;DR: Be wary of what you read on Warseer.
    So what you are saying is that rumors are ..... RUMORS!!?!?!?!?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Actually GW seems to be trying to increase the rate it updates armies, I think it was Harry on Warseer who said the one at a time policy was being abandoned. So introducing new races might not slow down the rate of updating.
    If upping the release rate means more 2 part WD codexes then I'd rather they release 2-3 a year and do it properly.

As for the new race rumours. Jervis said in a Standard Bearer a year or so ago that there were no plans to release a new army for any system as they have so much to do keeping the current ones going. I can't see the logic in releasing a new army when there are still some in desperate need of attention. DE proved that with some care and attention they can bring a load of new players to existing armies so there is no commercial need to release a new one.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    You all will be happy to get a Hrud army, sure, but after 6 years with no update, you'll be pissing and moaning as usual.
    Always been more about the models for me, so I've never personally cared if my army has been out of date or weak. Then again half my armies are counts-as, my enslavers have swooping hawks and my necrons have pariahs so yeah I don't really care about that. For the gaming side, I prefer Dystopian Wars and starting to get interested in some of the Infintiy stuff - and I think they are better gaming systems IMO. For 40k, it's more about the backround and minis for me.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    As bad as it sounds if they retire an army it'll probably be Sisters. Hoopefullynot though. If they do...please be DA or BT

I'll colour myself into the suspicious camp. Until I see it I won't believe it. When I see it, I won't buy any of them....probably...
    DA could be folded into the next edition of C:SM. Ravenwing and Deathwing could easily be "unlocks" by special DA characters. I only think Space Wolves and Black Templars really need special codexes, as they are different enough to warrant it.

Chaplain

IF they will make the WD more interesting, than it is a very interesting thing to see a new xenos race on the pages of the WD, probably with a small miniature range (fincast of curse) - not very usually GW but it will be intersting
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast