BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klaw Stompa

Default Klaw Stompa

I bought a stompa back around Christmas because, hey, it was half off (or some other amount. It was way cheaper. )

So, I've been working on it off and on for a while. I'm modeling it to be a Klaw Stompa out of the IA:8 book with Gaze of Gork (or possibly Mork) and a Grot Bomb. I was going to magnetize a Belly Gun but it's not quite working out.

So, I'll stop bumping my gums and get to posting the pics.These are the first set. The next set show rivets and the grot bomb.

Here are the updated pics:

A frontal shot that shows the rivets on the shoulders. Additionally I put the horns on but not as horns but as big teef. Because hey, you need a lot of teef to build a stompa.

A shot of the back. I'm considering pulling off the "stock" engine/smokestack parts and adding a bigger version but not really sure if I should.

A picture of the grot bomb. I just took the bomb that was part of the gun arm cut a hole added a grot and some wings.

And finally this is the kan turret that comes with the kit. I put that on there just to see how it looks.

I have worked more on the klaws but haven't taken pics yet.

Epic Winning! A nice clean job with all the plasticard - and i like the way you've used the toxic plant kit to make those saw arms with the exhaust pipes. I tip my hat to you sir.
    PhillCo. Heavy Industries "Crushing the World one step at a time"

Chapter-Master

Awesome sauce!

That thing is huge. I like all of the plasticard work though - looks awesome.

Librarian

Love the work, what do you use to hold the arms on
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    Love the work, what do you use to hold the arms on
    I cut up the plastic parts that come with the kit. Additionally I'm going to add some rare earth magnets to give it some more strength, but I really don't think that they are going to be needed.

Thanks for the comments!

Brother-Captain

Nice epaulettes. ^^ That looks like a solid orky konverzun.

Chapter-Master

I love the work. I suggest using those magnets to make some pose for the stompa. Otherwise it looks sad, as in not happy, as in not smashing things.

That is awesome. The rivets are brilliant. Did you do anything to make them consistent? Like a press or anything?
    Favorite Team Mate - 40k Narrative (Heresy) WARGames Con 2013
    Favorite Player - 40k Narrative (Armageddon) WARGames Con 2011
    Favorite Opponent - Warmachine Steamroller - WARGames Con 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast