BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Two questions

Default Two questions

Foreword:
    I am new to Warmachine and I am still getting the various books and reading them and understanding all of the mechanics. I plan on using a line of warjacks supported by a choir (or two) and something to help repair any critical issues. I will, of course, refine my tactics as I get more experience at the game.

I know various factions have an engineer type unit that can repair warjacks; what is the Protectorate equivalent?

And are they worth it?

Yes, there something like engineer

1 point

All win

What is the unit called? So I can order some.
    caellachsector.blogspot.com
    This message made from 100% recycled electrons.

Default Wut

[url]http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/solos/protectorate-vassal-mechanik[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by WereWolf_nr View Post
    What is the unit called? So I can order some.
    [url]http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/solos/protectorate-vassal-mechanik[/url]

Chaplain

Vassal Mechanik (solo)
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

wow wtf it wouldnt let me post

wow wtf it wouldnt let me post
    Thats called 'failing'

back on topic...

And for 1 pts, they are 'worth it'. Weither or not they buy back that point will be entirely situationnal. Lots of jacks (heavy and light) go from 'withtout a scratch' to 'totalled' within a turn.

I guess it comes down to the points you have available. If you have a Reckoner or a Vanquisher in your list, it'll almost always be more profitable to bring one Vassal instead of 2 mechaniks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovnik Obama View Post
    If you have a Reckoner or a Vanquisher in your list
    I do have some
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovnik Obama View Post
    it'll almost always be more profitable to bring one Vassal instead of 2 mechaniks.
    I assume you are referring to the solo, Vassal of Menoth? I'll look it up when I get home.
    caellachsector.blogspot.com
    This message made from 100% recycled electrons.

I assume you are referring to the solo, Vassal of Menoth? I'll look it up when I get home.
    Yes. Most of the time you bring it for the Ancillary Shot (he makes a jack do an immediate attack, regardless of RoF), but agaisnt a few lists, like anything like Drag where once your opponent hits you, he can make you move closer to his models, or when you want to stop an Alpha strike, Enliven is awesome.