BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgeworld

Default Forgeworld

What is the point of making these great models from forgeworld if you can not use them in 40k competitions?
    It seems to me that GW is making a fool of themselves by not allowing people to use them. If the purpose of there company is to make money then they could in fact make more money by selling Forgeworld models and allowing them in the games.

Chapter-Master

Of the last 3 tournements I went to 2 allowed FW

Also...people play more friendly games than Tournement games. Ergo they get to use their nice toys more

/thread ends
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by drwholives View Post
    What is the point of making these great models from forgeworld if you can not use them in 40k competitions?
    It seems to me that GW is making a fool of themselves by not allowing people to use them. If the purpose of there company is to make money then they could in fact make more money by selling Forgeworld models and allowing them in the games.
    The biggest 40k tourney in the US (Adepticon Team Tourney) allows both Forgeworld Models and Forge World Rules...

Just saying...

Chapter-Master

The GW GT Throne of Skulls at Warhammer World allows Forgeworld models.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

Most players don't play in tournaments. They really don't. Tournament players are a very very small percentage of 40k gamers. Just like folks that post on forums. I guess that's the point.

GW makes very much money by not bothering the general beer and bretzels player with tournament-proof mindsets...

I love forgeworld stuff. Its awesome for all my home games.

And +1 to not everyone being tournament players. i have been playing since 2nd Edition and I just started going to tournaments this year.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Lord Soldado View Post
    I love forgeworld stuff. Its awesome for all my home games.

And +1 to not everyone being tournament players. i have been playing since 2nd Edition and I just started going to tournaments this year.
    I'm really selective about the ones I play in. I don't want to come across any of the super douches. Hell, at the Adepticon Team Tourney we just get trashed during the tournament. It's a blast, and we still went 3-1 this year.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by drwholives View Post
    Because people still pay for it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

You can use a large amount of Forgeworld stuff with normal 40k rules. Forgeworld Dreadnoughts, Dreadnoughts. Marines in Pre-Heresy armor, Marines. Krieg Guardsmen, regular Guardsmen. etc, etc, etc...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast