BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Envenomed blades and assault resolution

Ok, so here's a scenario that I'm toying with:

Lately I've been running Raiders that tend not to take much damage at all from shooting thanks to careful positioning and savvy target selection. But some armies, especially Nids and Orks, do a pretty good job of getting their models into a straight up fistfight with my transports.

Envenomed blades causes a S4 AP- hit for "every to-hit roll of a 1 it makes whilst attacking that vehicle" when assaulting it. The wounds are "distributed as shooting."

Question 1: If my opponent assaults and takes more wounds than they make glancing or penetrating hits, does that mean my raider wins combat and forces a morale check with a difference? Or do the wounds which are "distributed as shooting" mean that they take a standard morale check as though you lost 25%? Or do they do nothing at all, as we are no longer in the shooting phase and losing 25% of your squad no longer matters?

Question 2: If a model would get to reroll to-hit rolls of 1 or more, would I count the initial rolls as additional wounds or would I only care for the rerolled versions?

Chaplain

Regarding question #1, read the BRB p.63, basically there are no combat results, morale checks, etc. Therefore the only way the assaulting unit (that is the unit assaulting the Raider) will take a Morale check will be because of 25% casualties. If the unit which assaulted the Raider was locked in CC with another unit, then I suppose it would contribute to the combat result. Each roll on the Vehicle Damage table would count as a wound inflicted for determining combat results in that scenario.

Regarding question #2, the answer would be that they will get a re-roll, and the envenomed blades would only inflict casualties on the final to hit roll. I assume that you're discussing scything talons for Tyranids. Its codex states that any to hit rolls in CC of 1 may be re-rolled. There is no qualifying statement saying that it doesn't work vs. vehicles with no WS characteristic like the Preferred Enemy USR.
    Last edited by Necron_Lord; 07-01-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Librarian

Thank you sir. P.63 answered my question. I'm so used to CC vs. walkers instead of vehicles, I forgot they were unable to actually "fight" in a combat for that purpose.

Knwowing Orks I woul of thought they would amke some vehcihel that can fight back... with big sticks or something...