BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dipped skaven

Veteran-Sergeant

Oh, and there are these pics from my table blog as well, that mesh in with this army:

I know I already showed these before, but they do deserve a spot in my skaven blog as well, mainly because the terrain will be made for their "home-town advantage"

Enjoy!

Veteran-Sergeant

I also have a little update for these guys. They won't be getting reïnforcements, but their hometown terrain did grow!

It's 2 craters made by warpstone meteors. I'm also making a board that has a strong skaven theme to it, painted with similar techniques as the skaven army itself.

So the warpstone infested terrain is starting to grow in size! These were completely scratchbuild however, unlike the trees. The craters were bases around some polystereen core, covered in brick morter and some pebbles were added for more randomness. The warpstone chunks are cut from compressed polystereen and covered in 2 coats of PVA mixed with dark angels green... to get that cleaner, glossy finish (as opposed to the grainy surface of cut polystereen).

Hope you like it!

Veteran-Sergeant

Time for another small update.

I finished my first warpfire thrower. It's been painted with pretty heavy front OSL as if it were shooting a burst of flames.

See you soon for more updates.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have another update: The first of the skavenslave blocks has been finished. I finally got around to purchasing some steel wire yesterday, wich allowed me to finish the "overseers" in this unit. They have the ghettowhips (and it's an excuse to use armoured clanrats in the slaveblocks to flesh them out a bit).

And a wip of a slight conversion I have been working on: a warlock engineer to carry around the doomrocket.

Should be kind of fun to paint this one up.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by elmir; 11-02-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

And I got around to taking a few pictures of the army where it stands now at the 4 month mark:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234