BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Well, personally I'd prefer all proper codices but I dont think that is feasible. I would prefer a few mini-dexes (mini-dices?) in the interests of variety, to make the older neglected armies more viable so I'm not always fighting SM, IG or Orks. I don't want to see a return to full blown 3rd ed mini-dex madness.

To be honest I think the most logical step of all if they were to go down the mini-dex route would be to release the main book and then make available PDF's of variants and by-pass printing lots of 12-20 page books altogether, you can cover as much ground as you want with those as theres no page limit, and cut out the cost of printing (hell they could do them as eBooks even that you had to pay to download if they took the concept and ran with it much as Black Library is doing).

To be honest as a hobbiest I'd love to see that approach more then anything as they could easily explore the vast universe of material without the cost's asociated of taking things to print - of course the product would still need writing but the cost of employing my staff member to do that is minimal compared too that of publishing a book. Meanwhile within store's you'd support only the core list's and their ascociated minatures, which would also have the benefit of leaving a clear distinction between their published product and internet product which would make the lives of the major touny organisers much easier - oh the headaches they suffered with all the old mini-dex!

Anyway kinda off the point, I think the main idea of the thread was ideal world discussion rather then what we actually think will happen and it's my fault we've drifted off a bit, because in an ideal world we'd have all these different races and organisation's in a full size, full colour codex!
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Occuli Imperator

In an ideal world you wouldn't need codexes... All codexes would be balanced when issued and the editions of the rule book would be to clearify vauge rules, not to change them all together.

Duke

Tut-tut Duke, thats not an ideal world, thats just in cloud cuckoo land
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Gravis View Post
    Tut-tut Duke, thats not an ideal world, thats just in cloud cuckoo land
    Seriuosly, that would just make sense... Lord forbid anything from GW make an ounce of sense.

Duke (is making sense)

I think the SOB should be right up there with DE for a new codex (released in conjunction with the Daemon hunter’s codex.

SOB are caught in a vicious circle.

There a lot of people (myself included) would buy a SOB army if they were plastic with a new codex, but GW won't invest the money in making those things because no one buys the army. And we don't buy it because there is no new stuff.

I like the witch hunter’s codex and I think that with some major over hauls it would be an awesome book. Some units need to get revamped but the core of the army is strong.

I agree with those who say that the Inquisitorial “All in one” would be a disaster and the book would be huge, so they would trim in down and then all the factions would lose.

The SOB are unique enough to have a stand alone codex. I also agree with those who call for standardization with the Inquisitors and their war gear.

I played the SOB (using stand in marines LOL) The Brothers of battle (failed space marines). Just so I could try out the rules for the SOB and I thought they were great. The fluff and the units, and the acts of faith, were all very cool and unique.

Some people think they’re just female space marines but they are way more than that.

And I would love to see a revamped Tau codex!

Necrons, Dark Eldar-they need new codex's.
    Codex Legions: For the 9 chaos legions, you can easily put them all in one book, none of them deserve their own book.
    Codex Chapters: Why not, instead of a BA, DA, BT, blah blah blah..... just have one book with all of them. Back in the day there were 2 index astartes books, both were mixed. Now have 2 books, one chaos, one Imperials.

Codex CSM, and Codex SM can be for Black Legion & renegades, and Vanilla marines. I think having 2 books for CSMs, and 2 books for SMs would be a lot easier, and make the rate at which everyone gets codexs faster.

I think it would make life a lot easier.

I would also like to see LatD get a codex again, but I can live with the FW rules I guess.

Basically 1 big book and a collection of minidex book. And it also no longer matters if one group outsells the other, they are all in one book, so it is going to sell to everyone.

Brother-Captain

I like the idea that every 2 editions they rework everything that exists, but removing armies that don't see sales/play, and then each edition you get one new army each edition, be it new race or ally.

Battle-Brother

Guys, this thread wasn't asking what codex you want to come out next. It was a question of what you'd like to see get its own codex... Everyone already knows that GW needs to update all the old codices first, so stop bringing that up. No one cares.

I suppose I'll put in my two cents and say Chaos Renegades. Considering how much more common they are than chaos marines and daemons in the fluff, I find it strange that no official codex exists for them.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    No one cares.
    Apparently people do.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast