BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Thumbs up

Well in order of Priority I would like to see:

(1) Inquisition= All 3 Ordos with Sisters, Grey Knights & Deathwatch options plus inducted Guard & SMs.
    (2) Chaos Legions= for all the guys who want the impure flavour of the origional Traitor Legions.
    (3) Dark Eldar= who have waited & waited for soooo long!
    (4) Adeptus Mechanicus= Awesome possabilities of very different models/rules/ vehicles.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by imperialsavant View Post
    Well in order of Priority I would like to see:

(1) Inquisition= All 3 Ordos with Sisters, Grey Knights & Deathwatch options plus inducted Guard & SMs.
    (2) Chaos Legions= for all the guys who want the impure flavour of the origional Traitor Legions.
    (3) Dark Eldar= who have waited & waited for soooo long!
    (4) Adeptus Mechanicus= Awesome possabilities of very different models/rules/ vehicles.
    Well said, I second that. Too bad you most likely will never see most of them!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by imperialsavant View Post
    I've thought of Adeptus quite a bit. It would be interesting to see them able to run a Warhound in a regular game. Perhaps in a 0-1 HQ slot. And maybe GW would put out a plastic Warhound. They did a stompa afterall.

Veteran-Sergeant

1. Daemonhunters (they don't work at all anymore)
    2. Dark Eldar (they really need an update, but mostly the models)
    3. Necrons (see 2)
    4. AlienHunters (Because they don't exist as a list)
    5. Adeptus Mechanicus (need I say why? Skitarii are friggin awesome!)
    6. Chaos Legions (I don't want to play pirate, I want to play ancient evil marines, bent on conquest and given wholely over to chaos [I also miss the variety of army formations])

I like the Grey Knights way too much to have them be useless to me!
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Battle-Brother

Spin-offs of existing codices are so fun. While we're already suggesting a codex for every marine chapter ever made, why not expand this to the other Imperial forces? We can have:
    Codex: Cadia, Codex: Catachan, Codex: Krieg, Codex: Armageddon, Codex: Valhalla, Codex: Tanith, Codex: Mordian, Codex: Tallarn, Codex: Elysia, Codex: Terrax, and we can even throw in Codex: Attila for good measure. Because those five people who actually play Attilan forces absolutely need their own codex.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'd like to see Codex: Eye of Terror rewritten and updated for 5th edition. The Lost and the Damned, Ulthwe Strike Force and 13th Company Space Wolves were all too cool for words. I don't particularly care for the Cadians if only because the current Guard book is practically Codex: Cadian 8th as is.

Abbess Sanctorum

No more Space Marine chapters. EVER.

Anyway. What I'd like to see is a pure Sisters codex, and a pure Grey Knights codex, a pure Deathwatch codex, and then have the Inquisition have a minidex with rules for inquisitors, stormtroopers, and assassins, that can be used in concert with any Imperial codex.

What I don't want to see is some piece of **** "inquisition" codex that combines all four factions, which if it were to be released would invariably suck.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

No more new marine codexes UNLESS they want to go ahead and do all the 1st founding chapters (maybe even as 2 related chapters in the same codex.)
    I see something like this:
    Codex Space Marine covers the Smurfs and Hufflepuffs...I mean Ultramarines and Imperial Fists
    Space Wolf...is space wolf
    "Angels of Death" for Dark and Blood Angels
    "Flames and Iron" - An Iron Hands/Salamanders codex (maybe the weakest idea)
    "Wings of Lightening" - White Scars/Raven Guard. All fast attack all the time.

And I am in favor of a "All =I=" codex, bringing in the Deathwatch* and seriously updating the Sisters and the Grey Knights especially getting some consistancy in the vehicle armories and inquisitorial agents of both.

Who else? The Mechanicum and The Hurd.

-------------------------------------------
    *maybe the Deathwatch could be mixed marines and sisters? Both contributing to the Ordo: Xenos? Just a stray thought
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Abbess Sanctorum

GW could never do an amalgamated Inqusition codex properly. Mashing up four different factions into one codex is a prescription for failure.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    GW could never do an amalgamated Inqusition codex properly. Mashing up four different factions into one codex is a prescription for failure.
    If they got the right writer to do it, it would work.
    (but then, you're right. It's GW and they'd somehow find the worst possible writer to do it)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast