BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Who would you like to see get a codex?

Which Chpater of Space Marines/ Traitor Leagion/Xeno species do you feel most deserves a codex that does not already have one? Possibly one of the First Founding Chapters, or perhaps a rather newer Legion of Chaos Marines organized post Heresy or maybe a certain Eldar Craftworld?

Personally I would like to see the Iron Hands get a codex. I mean they didn't even get a spec ial charter in the Space Marine codex and thier the only first found loyalist chapter that didn't. I feel they are different enough from the standard marines to write a codex for. I think they would use alot of dreads and tanks and have bionics everywhere but on average be slower or more expensive then your standard Blue Boy. I also don't see them using psychic but instead have them allowed Tech Priests of somesort. The inclusion of a special character with a phase bladde (li.e. the living metal weapon like necrons have) would also be interesting.

I would also like to see the Alpha Legion get a codex. Just like the Iron Hands they don't have any special characters or anything and they are a first founding chapter after also. I mean they could really have some fun with these guys. There whole deal is setting up small cabals of worshipers deep inside Imperial planets and also sneaking into loyalist units and at the right moment turning on them. The mere idea of some of my own men turning on my units mid game is crazy. I honestly don't know how GW would balance this though, maybe have them deepstirke into units or somthing.

I would also like to see the Sons of Malice get a codex but I know it will never happen as they are the Chaos Space Marines that worship the Chaos god Malal. Malal is the god of chaos fighting chaos and so the Sons of Malice would be like good chaos marines... an odd concept I know.

As it pertains to Xeno, I don't know. I think thge Hrud would be cool but really hard to nail down as their race is not unified and they all are natural teleporters.
    Last edited by Prometheus; 09-03-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Battle-Brother

You're going to have difficulty getting this kind of discussion going... I don't think there's many members of this forum that would prefer seeing an all-new codex until all 3rd and 4th edition armies have been updated.

But in all seriousness... Adeptus Mechanicus would be a welcome addition to Imperial forces, even if it was just an auxiliary/allies list. If a sixth Astartes codex was to be produced, Iron Hands would make as much sense as anything.

Xenos: the Kroot have existed, in one form or another, since Rogue Trader. Yet they were given the "conquered" treatment for the first Tau codex, then had a partial army list with no support or models. I wouldn't mind seeing someone at the studio reworking Kroot from scratch and developing a full army. Maybe in 6th edition they can overthrow their Tau oppressors... Squats/Golgothans/Demiurg would be nice to see again, and Jokaero would be interesting to develop.

Chaos: I thought Games Workshop abandoned the Malal thing years ago? Either way, a full-scaleLost and the Damned codex should be the highest priority of any never-before-completed release.
    You know you want it - http://basementgamingbunker.blogspot.com

For Loyalist SMs, my favourite chapter that never got enough coverage is the Scythes of the Emperor.

In terms of Imperium more generally, I'd like to see Ad Mech or a IG abhumans codex -- there's a bunch of good ideas there that aren't playable under the current IG codex.

As for Chaos SMs, I must say I'm not really familiar with them enough to comment, but Malal worshippers sound cool (I have vague memories of Malal from an old Kaleb Daark (?sp) comic that I have.

Again though, i'd prefer a LatD codex.

As for xenos, well ... I don't want to reset the clock.

Wooh! First post ever. Hi y'all.

Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

Ah, Prometheus, seeing that was just the boost I need this morning!
    It's good to see more people after Iron Hands, we really are the neglected chapter, despite our lack of weak flesh!
    It would be wonderful to see, other than the obvious codex-included characters and chapters, they pretty much are the only chapter who have had models released without getting a full codex.
    I don't know whether it was ever in the pipeline and popularity wasn't enough, or whatever, but I quite literally wish daily for this to arrive..
    Obviously, it'd be well after all the others who need it more get updated, but it would be a thing of wonder..
    I could see an AdMech codex though. That would quite honestly rock.
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

tbh AdMech is the only new codex I could bear.

other than that I want codex:Inquisition and chaos legions (codex:deathguard, codex:world eaters, codex:thousand sons, codex: whatevertheslaneshisarecalled, codex:iron warriors, codex:word bearers, ....) so we no longer have to use codex: black legion/astral claws/renegade marines.

Battle-Brother

The Undivided Legions, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, and Iron Warriors.

First-Captain

Iron hands all the way. The model possibilities would be awesome. They are first founding and they are true to the emperors original vision i.e if it isn't human, kill it. If it disagrees with us, kill it. You mess with me, I'll kill you.
    So much of 40k art back in the day was concerned with cybernetics but I do not think it has ever been fully realised. Irin Hands H.Qs would be awesome.
    I'm thinking maybe the new wolves codex could be used for iron hands. A top class dreadnought, troops with more equipment, if there is a character that gives feel no pain to a squad then the squad could be considered to have bionics etc

thoughts?

Initiate

Malal is not in the current 40k fluff because GW it's not owner of his name( can't use Malal's name)

Scout

I second the call for Iron Hands. But from what we have heard about Space Wolves we may be able to build any army using their rules. Terminators leading tactical squads and a dreadnought character just to start with...

Librarian

CODEX: MOLE PEOPLE

please?....
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast