BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Here's a subject we can all agree on.

I personally would like to see a Mechanicus codex. There's almost infinite possibilities with them.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Scout

Crimson Fists with special attention to small unit tactics and hatred of Xenos.

I would like to see the Inquisiton get a rework.

They could use a single codex covering all three ordos, make the variations in wargear or certain units. The Ordo Xenos never had their own codex as of yet and Demonhunters could use an updating. Maybe even split the Sisters of Battle off from the WH and give them their own codex again. Would like to see the Deathwatch get more attention.

An Admech codex would be interesting as well.

Brother-Sergeant

I think that at least another 2 of the original 9 loyalist chapters should have a codex, along with at least half of the Traitor Legions. They should also include some bits about some of thier spin off chapters from the second founding at least.
    Obviously we can't have a codex for all of the original 18 legions, but some fluff for them, besides the CSM codex and this focus on the big four (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels).
    Index Astartes was good, so maybe they could just expand on those with the additions of new rulesets, and special characters...
    When there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph. Pierre Corneille(M2)

Scout

As far as loyalist chapters, I dont think there is a need. Thats what the existing Codex: Space Marines is for. Granted the SW, DA, BA, and BT all have their own, but thats because they are not standard codex chapters. My main army is Hawk Lords, and I really dont see a need for their own codex. It just doesnt make sense. That would be like giving each Eldar Craftworld their own codex, or each IG army their own.

Now if we are talking about who needs a codex that doesnt have one, I would go with the Inquisition. Roll all 3 orders up in 1 codex, and that would make a lot of peeps happy. I dont personally run any Inquisitorial army, but I still think it would be nice for them to have their own codex.

I do also think that the Chaos chapters need their own. As far as the main 4. World Eaters, Death Guard, Thousand Sons and Emperor's Children. That would match the 4 Loyalist chapters, that have their own. Then roll all the rest up into the regular Codex: Chaos Space Marines.

Scout

I would love to see GW finish with the rest of the xenos before they crank out any more marines. As far as a new codex I would love to see Mechanicus. With the quality of the latest GW minis that would be stunning on the table.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by oni View Post
    Here's a subject we can all agree on.

I personally would like to see a Mechanicus codex. There's almost infinite possibilities with them.
    my idea of a fantastic mechanicus codex would be:

standard codex selection for all the characters, forge masters, priests, servitors, cultists and defense troops.

BUT it would have an awesome VDR section in the back for creating your own "lost technology" tanks and vehicles from STCs lost way in the past, including a special Super heavy section, for apoc games. so you could create amazing siege machines with fully customizable weapons stats etc.

that would be my ideal vision of the adeptum mechanicus, access to the weird and wonderful machines of the past, not just the regular vehicles of the imperium.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Occuli Imperator

If there has to be another SM codex I can only think of one obivous entry: The Emperors Pointy Sticks... Think about it!

In all seriousness, Codex Ad. Mech would be cool.

Duke

Scout

Personally, I would just like to see them add back in the divergent/DIY Space Marine codexes. I guess there were problems with how people used the rules, but I had a nice fluffy army with Deamon Hunters, Grey Knights and a Space Marine chapter. The Space Marines worked closely with the DH and were painted similar to the Grey Knights with the "true grit/trust your battle borthers" attribute. Nice back story etc., and then Wham out comes 5th ed and no more divergent chapters. Trying to figure out what to do with those models I did with one handed bolters and CC weapons. Also, I fear what they will do once they "update" the Deamon hunters. What parts of my army will be useless.

Librarian

A Kodex: Ork Klanz would be pretty cool, although we are working on one over at [URL="http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=36607&st=580"]The Waaagh[/URL].

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast