BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doom of Mymeara/Prospero Burns

I'd like to submit a theory to you guys (which I already posted in the Contemptor Dread BoLS post but probably too late for anyone to notice it):

First, the facts:
    - at the moment FW is almost exclusively releasing eldar and heresy era space marine stuff
    - the next IA book will feature Space Wolves and will be about the demise of an Eldar Craftworld

Does this remind anyone of a certain passage in Prospero Burns (minor spoiler ahead)? The main character discusses the Space Wolves with an imperial army officer who says he was there when they laid waste to a whole "craftworld" which is not specifically stated to be Eldar but clearly appears to be.
    I hear people object: yes, but what about the Shadow Spectres "believed to be long lost" by Eldar Seers. Well maybe they got lost in that conflict but some survived, only to reappear later (a fluff excuse to allow them to be plaiyed in the 40th millenium despite the CW they were mainly based on having been destroyed).

Am I the only one to feel that this all fits rather nicely?

It is possible, though we don't know the Craftworld is destroyed in IA11, from what some people heard the implication was that the Craftworld gets what it wants and dissapears, leaving the Imperium wondering what on earth was going on. Could be the Craftworld had run ins with the Space Wolves before.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Hmmm...Good Detective work Sir...It will be freaking awesome if that is the case - would likely snap up my first hard copy of an Imperial Armour book!

Actually, it doesn't really match what we know of the Shadow Spectres, from FW Newsletter 267:
    The mysterious Aspect of the Shadow Spectres has only one surviving Shrine, which is situated on the isolated Craftworld Mymeara.
    Nothing about being long lost, just rare. There are many other Aspects in the same boat, existing on only one world.

Also from what little we know of the plot of IA11, and granted this could change, Mymeara attacks an Imperial world with a coalition of Corsaor/DE allies (or possibly they are there for the same reason) to keep something immensely powerful out of the Imperiums hand. There is intense fighting, then the Eldar all just dissapear, presumebly because they achieved their goals. The Imperium is left scratching its head wondering what is going on, decide they beat th Eldar off and claim victory as well.

This doesn't rule out the Mymeara having some prior connection to the Space Wolves, but I doubt a Craftworld that was 'laid waste' to by the SWs would be in a position to field Phantom Titans ten thousand years later.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Also keep in mind that 'doom' doesn't always mean bad - it can mean a final judgement or fate, or a curse. See the Silmarillion where everyone is laying dooms upon eachother
    "Therefore I say that we will go on, and this doom I add: the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda."

Ok, I think my theory is seriously undermined by Eldargal's revelations. I didn't have this much information about the contents of the upcoming book. I was also indeed misled by my insufficient mastery of English (though I should've known better: I have indeed read the Silmarillion as well as countless other fantasy books in English).

@ Eldargal: "the Shadow Spectres were believed long lost by Eldar Seers" (from the Shadow Spectres FW page)

Librarian

Thanks for all that info, eldargal!!

Hope IA 11 is released soon...

PS: Happy Independence Day!!
    Last edited by MarneusCalgar; 07-04-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

One other big thing that potential rules out the "Wolves destroy a c/world" theory...all the concept art seen is on a snow planet. Not the craftworld
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Yeah, not to mention the cold environment upgrade kit for Imperial guard and the flame tank.

Veteran-Sergeant

To put this to bed the Wolf Lord used in the IS is Bran Redmaw a "current" Lord mentioned in the SW codex as a "current" and living Marine.

I saw his entry at the FW open day at WHW earlier this year.
    http://blood-claw.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast