BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Horus Heresy does not equate to the entire hobby. All Horus heresy is is an excuse to have marines fighting marines over marines while marines talk iwth marines about marines being loyal to marines while other marines are betraying marines. I like the aesthetics of Marine models sure, but the fluff bores me.

Marines are a minor and relatively unimportant speck of 40k lore, and if the only posts of mine you listen to is my opinion about Marines in general and the Horus Heresy in specific you might get that impression, but then, you'd only be reading a very small portion to begin with, like if you read twilight and then claimed all vampire fiction is arse.

No, sir, I like Warhammer 40,000. Horus Heresy is ten thousand years off, and about that many points below zero on the 100 point scale of "does this interest me".

[/rant]
    I've never EVER seen you even ONCE post anything positive on the forums with out having a ***** in the same post, WE don't want to hear your droll BS you may not like marines and that's fair enough but some of us do so don't troll and be a good little girl instead of acting like a spoiled little B*TCH.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I've never EVER seen you even ONCE post anything positive on the forums with out having a ***** in the same post, WE don't want to hear your droll BS you may not like marines and that's fair enough but some of us do so don't troll and be a good little girl instead of acting like a spoiled little B*TCH.
    lol, wut?

You don't have to be the biggest fan of Melissia, But look at what you posted in response to her post.

Your reaction to her post is on par with most of her reactions to any post about Sisters of Battle she disagrees with. By making a post like that you have other intentional or unintentional started provoking a flame war.

=/

The Irony of this of course is the fact you accuse Melissia for doing the exact same thing that you just did. Abit of perspective....

I greatly disagree with Melissia's views on the Horus Hersey, but thier's no reason to attack her like that.

Personally I like the Hours Hersey because it's the most Major single event that effected almost every major player in the universe in some way, and is the reason for the formation and structure of all the current Imperial armies as they are now in some way.
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-04-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chapter-Master

perhaps I am slightly over reacting but I'm tired of various people who never ever ever post anything nice....I know this hobby can get frustrating and I've had quite aa few rants myself but somethings are just constant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    perhaps I am slightly over reacting but I'm tired of various people who never ever ever post anything nice....I know this hobby can get frustrating and I've had quite aa few rants myself but somethings are just constant
    Then I would suggest not reading or responding to her posts if you legitimately feel that way. It's not that big a deal.

The only reason I ever Read Melissia's posts any more, is if wittdooley posted in the same topic. I'm waiting for the day they finally just break down and make-out already!

XP
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-04-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

How dare I have negative opinions on some aspects of the hobby! That's something only daboarder (ceaseless whining about the Tyranid codex) and wittdooley (countless condescending insults and flame-baits-- and no, not just directed towards me) are allowed to have. And no, my various, numerous, and consistent comments saying that codices don't suck and aren't overpowered don't count as positive comments! I need to grovel more before the throne of some screaming old bald dude and his nine hundred and ninety nine screaming old bald friends!

Even if I wanted to though, they're too busy implanting their seed within ritually selected drugged up adolescents.

I think it would be best if you simply got back on topic, like my previous post did :P
    Last edited by Melissia; 07-04-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

I'm with Mel on this one actually, Marines look pretty but they get dull fast when all you see is Marines. I get that there is a demand for them, GW meets that demand and thus the eternal circle of Marine focus is complete etc. but it is still dull. In my opinion.

As to the Horus Heresy, FW aren't supposed to be allowed to do the HH, but there have been rumours for a long time of a M vs CSM book coming soon. It would be lovely to think they expand it beyond superhumans fighting other, less polite superhumans, like Eldar manipulation, Dark Eldar taking advantage, Chaos cults springing up and even Tau getting involved etc. But they probably won't, too many Marine players will have a hissy fit about xenos getting in their marine book.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm with Mel on this one actually, Marines look pretty but they get dull fast when all you see is Marines. I get that there is a demand for them, GW meets that demand and thus the eternal circle of Marine focus is complete etc. but it is still dull. In my opinion.

As to the Horus Heresy, FW aren't supposed to be allowed to do the HH, but there have been rumours for a long time of a M vs CSM book coming soon. It would be lovely to think they expand it beyond superhumans fighting other, less polite superhumans, like Eldar manipulation, Dark Eldar taking advantage, Chaos cults springing up and even Tau getting involved etc. But they probably won't, too many Marine players will have a hissy fit about xenos getting in their marine book.
    I'd be suprised at another marine VS marine book so quickly after the badab war...perhaps FW is doing a badab war 3 type book? full out red corsairs vs the Imperium maybe. personally I'd like to see FW do somenecron stuff or sisters, but given their imminent releases thats unlikely I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

Ugh. As a chaos fan I could care less if it's Chaos Mariens or even more Traitor Guard stuff. I just want to see a Imperial Armour book that looks at Slaanesh and Tzeetch. I'm tired of seeing nothing but Nurgle and Khorne love from both GW and forgeworld in both 40k and fantasy.

=/

Could you imagine a Imperal Armour book that was Slaanesh Followers Vs. Craftworld Eldar? Now that would be a good grudge match!
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-05-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Chaplain

I would love to see Slaanesh get some love (wait...maybe not) but we are talking about the people who can't even make the mark of slaanesh worth taking in Fantasy.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I would love to see Slaanesh get some love (wait...maybe not) but we are talking about the people who can't even make the mark of slaanesh worth taking in Fantasy.
    Ugh...... Don't Remind me.....

>___>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast