BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Especially if you model it smashing the ground like the "actual" Ol' Rowdy.
    Just make sure you're up-front with your opponent before the match starts and there shouldnt be a problem with anyone who isnt a complete tool.

First-Captain

You could also magnetize an arm with a buckler to add to image.

But yeah, as long as your opponent's cool with it...not really an issue.

Brother-Sergeant

My plan was to completely convert the Ironclad into Ol'Rowdy (without a doubt).Both models seem pretty similar,they look to be the same class of Jack,but I've never held or seen a PP figure in person (2 dimensional pictures from various angles can sometimes be deceiving).The hammer & right shoulder pad seem to be different & I didn't even notice the buckler (would a Tau drone lid be to big ?).Most of the people I've chatted with say Ol'Rowdy is a no-brainer for Stryker & once you get him in your list,there is no reason or room to also take an Ironclad.I can use the 2 Light Jacks in the box & since I'm not using my $ for this army,that $ will get me the 2 player starter box armies,the rulebook & the 3 faction token sets.So now my army ceiling is 20pts(26 w/Strykers Jack pts. let me know if I'm wrong.
    So if I can make the Ironclad into Ol'Rowdy,My Army so far is Stryker,Ol'Rowdy,Lancer, &Charger w/7pts to play with to bring it up to the 20pt starter box armies.20pt Stryker List to follow.

Brother-Sergeant

So assuming what I wrote above is correct this is the 20pt Cygnar Army I was going to start for play against the 2 armies in the starter box.
    Stryker,Ol'Rowdy,Lancer,Charger,Black 13th, & a Journeyman Warcaster for 20pts(once again let me know if I'm wrong).Let me know what you think,would this be a fair representation of a Cygnar army that PP might have put together in place of one of the 2 20pt starter box armies.I don't want the freedom of building a 20pt Cygnar Army of my choice,to overpower the 2 army builds the other factions will be locked into @ 20pt in the beginning.I eventually plan to take them all to 35pts. & friends who like the game can buy a unit or 2 here & there & mix & match,to make their own unique list or run the 35's up to 50 w/out having to drop a ton of cash.For about $150,I'll have 3 great 20pt armies,3 token sets, & the rulebook. I'm very excited!

Battle-Brother

Ol'Rowdy is a great jack but far from being "no brainer" class. Ironclad still has its uses in this game (BTW, Shield Drone is too big). The question is: do you really need Journeyman in 20pts list? Except for upkeeping Arcane Shield he won't do much. I'd suggest to drop him and take either Squire or Arlan Strangewayes. Squire gives you increased CTRL, more focus to play with and that reroll you may need when casting Earthquake. Arlan on the other side has power booster that can make Lancer run without spending Stryker's focus and Evasive Action that allows a warjack to ignore free strikes. And for the last point you can take a Stormsmith.

Really, you could put the Charger in Journeyman's battlegroup. It doesnt need a ton of focus to be effective and ranged jacks (in general) are good for Jr since he/she's a little on the squishy side...

Anyway, that will give Stryker some breathing room with his focus. Plus, on feat turn with Arcane Sheild, Stryker can be at +8ARM... Not to mention camping!

Brother-Sergeant

Puritan,you read my mind,I thought the journeymen could advance w/the charger feeding it his focus.Allowing it to run & buff its Armor in the 1st turn, & using all 3 for shooting in the 2nd turn.It would free up Strykers focus to concentrate on the main battlegroup (Ol'Rowdy,Lancer, & the 13th).I haven't played any games yet,but I've watched a zillion battle reps & I can't tell you how many times I've heard one or both players saying the wish they had one more focus or wish they would have allocated them differently.I figured the extra focus would cushion the early mistakes I'll make in learning how & when to allocate them.
    "You could put the charger in the journeymens battle group." I've seen this term before,but I'm having trouble finding it in game terms.I won't have a proper rulebook until the 2 player starter box ships.What does putting the journeymen & charger in a battlegroup mean in game terms?

Brother-Sergeant

Mazgeir- I didn't mean Ol'Rowdy was a no-brainer in general terms,I meant in a Stryker army.For 2 more pts,I would be getting an ironclad w/+1Mat & Arm,a free run or charge (allowing Stryker a larger focus pool to draw from),Counter Charge,Imprint Grudge, & Affinity (Stryker)-but I don't know what that means in game terms, a - w/nothing written after it on my print out.In my 20pt Ol'Rowdy eats up the Squires 2pts,however I had planed to use it in my 15pt MM list - Stryker,Ol'Rody,Charger,Lancer,Squire,but it seem I couldn't give Stryker the Squire because of Ol'Rowdy,right ?In any case,I now plan on picking up one w/the rest of the above mentioned units & working him in where I can. Thanks for the heads up.I've heard nothing but good thing about Strangeways,but I was thinking about picking him up in my 2nd wave.
    At what point list does a second Warcaster come into play?

Battle-Brother

Ol'Rowdy does not, in any way preclude using Squire. I'd advise NOT thinking about 2 caster's game before one grips strongly on the games mechanics.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by mazgier View Post
    Ol'Rowdy does not, in any way preclude using Squire. I'd advise NOT thinking about 2 caster's game before one grips strongly on the games mechanics.
    Good news about Ol'Rowdy,the squire will definitely be in my 15pt list,I had read somewhere about only one attachment per warcaster.I didn't know what they meant though.I plan on playing quite a few games before I use a second warcaster,I was just curious as to what point level a second is allowed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast