BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Servo Skulls and deploying vs. moving

Does deploying within 6 inches of a servo skull count as moving for the purposes of destroying it? The situation is a Grey Knight player wins the roll and deploys first, and lines the enemy deployment with servo skulls 12.1" onto the board (for a pitched battle). Does the opponent pop the skulls if he deploys within 6"? Or is he stuck taking extremely accurate template fire for at least the first turn?

Chapter-Master

The GK codex specifies "moves within 6" ", so I would have to say that just starting within 6" might not be enough, though the skull would evaporate the second the unit within 6" got to move. I guess it's lucky that GKs don't have very many blast weapons (remember, Orbital Strike Relays don't benefit from servo skulls).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Grey Knight FAQ 1.0

Q: Does an enemy unit arriving by deep strike or
    deploying within 6" of a servo-skull count as moving
    to within 6" of it? (p62)
    A: Yes, remove the servo-skull from play.
    Founding Member Of The "I Hate Cruddace" Fan Club.

Chapter-Master

There you go. Goes to show that first thing you do when you have a question is go back over the rules and the FAQ.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Heh, I even checked the FAQ first and missed that. Don't know how, thanks.