BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tomb Kings
    Overall: A horde army relying on numbers and magic, I think. Sadly with the new book coming out and having only played a few games against it I can not make a good judgement here.
    Offensive/Defensive: Probably more defensive, from what I've seen they seem to lack a real punch unit. I must admit confusion there.
    Tomb Kings do not have to be a horde. They have one of the best "Monster" lists in the current line of books. In fact, most of the Tomb Kings lists that perform really well have shockingly few models on the board.

As for lacking "real punch" units... they have Tomb Guard, War Sphinx, Chariots, and Necropolis Knights. Tom Guard are fantastic, relatively cheap, good stats (for undead), and killing blow. War Sphinx with breath weapon can kill an absurd amount of models in a single phase (I think it's somewhere around 32-36 models in the phase it breaths if everything hits and wounds). Necropolis Knights offer up a load of attacks as well.

Tomb Kings are either an agility force or a horde force. Horde force plays more traditionally but can be a bear to win with without the right build. Agility Force revolves around putting your power blocks where they need to be when you need them. They DO rely on magic more heavily than most other armies.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Thanks for the fix. That was indeed written at the very start of the new TK book so was mostly based on the old one. Indeed that and the Ogre book might not have been out quite yet...

So no War Sphinx, no Necropolis Knights, Chariot units with lower strength and fewer impact hits, and no halberd weilding Tomb Kings.

Yours is a better description as of now. And I did admit my lack of knowledge straight out.

Armies of Magic is a Facebook-based fantasy real time strategy game developed by Playdom. The game allows players to role play one of three characters including Human, Elf, and Dwarf to build an army, battle their enemies, form guilds, and save the realm from the invading Goblin Hordes!
    for more information regarding it, please check here
    [url]http://www.armiesofmagic.com[/url]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12