BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Unbalanced Game?

Grey knights are elite and pretty damn awesome. However, have they shifted the balance of the game?

Librarian

What do you mean?

If it's "Are they broken?", then no.

If it's "Are they weak?", then also no.

If it's "Have they changed the metagame?", then yes, simply by virute of being a very low-model count army that has some exceptionally effective units.

Anything that challenges neckbeards suffering from Complacent Gaming Syndrome has to be good.

Abbess Sanctorum

The game itself is unbalanced; unbalanced in so confusing many ways that it's impossible to truly accurately and in detail describe the balance without a ten page essay, due to the varied interactions between the innumerable builds and armies, especially since luck and strategy both play very important roles in victory..

The GKs didn't make it worse :P
    Last edited by Melissia; 07-10-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Captain

The GKs have "shifted the balance of the game" like all new codices do by changing the meta. As far as power level, they seem to be roughly in line with the BA and SW dex . . . unless you're playing Daemons, in which case GKs are overpowered and extremely unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    The game itself is unbalanced; unbalanced in so confusing many ways that it's impossible to truly accurately and in detail describe the balance without a ten page essay, due to the varied interactions between the innumerable builds and armies, especially since luck and strategy both play very important roles in victory..

The GKs didn't make it worse :P
    They just made it awosemer... (apart from their fluff :L)
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Librarian

Please, tell or make me find BALANCED games...

- Confrontation --> Unbalanced with the monthly new miniature

- Helldorado --> Unbalanced

- Infinity --> Unbalanced

- 40K --> Unbalanced

And that´s the games I´ve played...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Brother-Captain

Most games are unbalanced, however I think most imbalance is really a perception of something not fitting either A: a persons easy of use or B: play style.

However, I think GK's are simply rude to all other space marine codices.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Chapter-Master

Short of releasing brand new versions of every armies codexes, all at the same time there will always be unbalenced
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    ... unless you're playing Daemons, in which case GKs are overpowered and extremely unbalanced.
    Actually, a lot of Daemon units are really, really good against GKs. A khorne heavy daemon list in particular can be an extremely difficult matchup for the GK player.

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    Please, tell or make me find BALANCED games...

- Confrontation --> Unbalanced with the monthly new miniature

- Helldorado --> Unbalanced

- Infinity --> Unbalanced

- 40K --> Unbalanced

And that´s the games I´ve played...
    Warmachine is somewhat balanced (though it also has a rock-paper-scissors quality, but it solves that by letting you take two lists to a tournament typically so you don't have to worry as much about facing that one list that can crush yours effortlessly). It mainly achieves it through its brutal win conditions. You can lose almost every model in your army, but you still have a shot at victory if you can just get a shot at their warcaster, or pull off the win condition. Even if you're slaughtering your opponent, you can't get sloppy because if you mess up, they can come back and win it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Default GK are broken

They are so broken its believable. DE are very balanced you also cannot make a leaf blower or an list that can overpower every army. But GK can i have seen it first hand. I am not a terrible player nor do i make bad lists but i cannot beat GK lists. I think they need to make all codex's like they make Starcraft or COmmand and Conquer, and what i mean is different but fair. No race in Starcraft is more powerful then the other the same goes for Command and Conquer.

If you think that GK codex is not broken...... you either play GK and love winning or you just plain suck and do not know how to build a good list.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast