BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: 6th ed should be ....

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • A complete re-write focusing on gameplay

20 76.92%
  • A re-shuffle focusing on short term marketing.

6 23.08%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default 6th ed , reshuffle or re boot?

Hi all.
    With 6th ed on the horison.
    I was wondering what the BoLS 40k players thought about what 6th ed should be...

1)A complete re-write from the ground up , core rules that cover EVERYTHING in half the current pages in the 40k rule book.
    And all new army lists for all races included in the rule book.(No fluff just rules and army lists.)

All the minature releases are accompanied with the background book , everything BUT rules included.(Background narrative, artwork, modeling/conversion and painting guides.)

2) A reshuffle of the current rules , a few new resolution methods that just add more complication, and little in the way of gameplay...(like GW have done since 1998.)
    And codex releases as now .with some armies waiting up to a decade for an update of rules and minatures.

Chapter-Master

Or C) Builds on what is already there but makes enough changes to make it quite different and improve all the problems but not being so cynical as seeing those choices as a "short term marketing" ploy
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Or C) Builds on what is already there but makes enough changes to make it quite different and improve all the problems but not being so cynical as seeing those choices as a "short term marketing" ploy
    I am going with C)
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chapter-Master

C) for me please.

I dont really think option 1 would work. Although I've heard of other game systems with a similar core book, they tend to have 4 or 5 factions, as opposed to the 10 40k has (counting MEQ as the same... 14 if not). I do like the idea of having all the base stats in the rulebook for reference, but not that actual army lists with points etc.

And to be fair, GW have only done reshuffles since '98 because that is all the game has really needed as the player base (and size of the players' collections) has increased over the years. Fair enough, there are long wait times for some Codeicies to be update (DE being the prime example) but the only Codex currently in desparate need of an update is Necrons, maybe Sisters (though we know theirs is on the way).
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

C. Though I do love biased/passive aggressive polls.
    http://warhammermusings.blogspot.com/

I'll take everything as long as it isnt A) so I voted b...

Indications point to C, actually. Atleast try to have unbiased polls in future.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

"C" would be nice.

I'm not going to expect anything more than "2," however.

Chapter-Master

whilst a would be intresting it wouldnt work, 40k is soo large it would either be

1) it was done quick with a core book and basic ruels, making 1/2 of everything useless
    2) really big with a new codex for eveything, new core book, new everything, and requireing lots of editions and FAQ's to balance it

C) is my answer
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

D) doesnt matter cause everybody will still complain about it

sorry im a little cynical today

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast