BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bigthunda View Post
    Holy cow the Ork FQ is something, 4+ cover save from the force field is surprising
    It's always been a 4+ cover save for vheclies, and +5 for infantry thow. The rule says that infantry get a +5 cover save, and vheclies count as being obscured. It dose not give a specif save or anything to the vheclie. So since the main rule book says 4+ for obscured vehicles, that's the save you use.

I don't get why some people needed this FAQ'd, by RAW it's always worked that way.

The squadron thing is also another thing that was stright foreword IMHO, but I can atleast see why some people might it cleared. Alot of people see to get confused by vheclie squadron rules and cover.
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-11-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Librarian

My personal fav is from the Grey Knights FAQ

Q: Some Grey Knights squads can take a Razorback as a
    dedicated transport. A Razorback has a transport
    capacity of six models. Can you still choose this as a
    dedicated transport for a squad with more than six
    models? (p92)

A: Yes.

killa kans are cool , especiall when you see a large numer of the little critters out shooting other things in an ork army lol

Chaplain

All in all I think these are pretty good FAQs, I agree with all of them (don't like some of them though! ) and think that the majority of them were mainly common sense but it's nice to have them in print.

The only one I find a little odd is being able to ram Valks/Vendettas/Stormravens with your tanks! I picture giant ramps with Land Raiders revving up behind them so they can take flying leaps at skimmers!

Glad they sorted out wings/hull which I always thought was pretty obvious but know that it wasn't to everybody, as well as using the base for working out whether it is above enemy models or not. Again, that one to me seems like common sense.

The only one I'm not happy with, purely from a personal point of view, is weapons with specified strengths not benefitting from the +1 strength bonus from furious charge.

Makes Straken slightly weaker (but not enough for me to stop using him) and also makes me question the value of Mogul Kamir in a Rough Rider unit. Once the hunting lances are done I don't tend to charge them back in, although I guess +1 strength on a standard Guardsman isn't something to be sniffed at, just think there are better ways of getting it than Mogul Kamir.

Otherwise though I am happy they are updating these a bit more regularly.

I am hoping that we might see a return to the good old days of White Dwarf with a monthly reader's questions style article that could clear these sort of things up a bit faster, although being written 3 months prior to publication might make that tricky.

For once well done GW for producing these. Now if only they could get the rulebook and Codices written in sucj a way that regular FAQs wouldn't be necessary I would be a happy man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12