BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    If you want to get technical, they say that infantry can start in a transport in reserve.
    This was exactly my point, but the consensus seems clear: RAI suggests yes, but always ask your TO.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by relasine View Post
    This was exactly my point, but the consensus seems clear: RAI suggests yes, but always ask your TO.
    Yeah, you better ask your TO about putting Jump Infantry too, because the rulebook doesnt mention them either.

That's dumb. The Stormraven carries two types of things that cannot be carried normally. This is a question that should not be asked.

If someone tries this BS at a tournament i'd tell them to shove it. The transport can carry these things, it can carry them in reserves as well.

Chapter-Master

There is no reason to revert to RAI, people just need to read the rulebook a little more carefully. P66, under the section transport capacity it states that only infantry models can embark on transports "unless a Codex book states otherwise". The SM codex clearly allows Dreadnoughts (and Thunderfire cannons) to embark on Drop Pods and I'm assuming Storm Ravens are classed as transports, so they can go on there too. The rule in reserves section is written with the assumption that since this codex exception has already been established elsewhere in the RB, there is no need to repeat it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12