BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Only if you are halfwitted dolt who lacks any kind of subtlety of thought.
    So, we're onto personal attacks, huh? I think I'm done here.

Why don't you address the meat of my post instead of having a hissy fit about me saying you would be a halfwitted dolt if you can't grasp the facts. I spelled out exactly why defending and understanding the rationale are different, if you can't grasp that then you would be a halfwitted dolt who lacks subtlety, I did not say you were.

Though it is quite clear you do seem to lack an appreciation for nuance.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mauglum. View Post
    The more complex the gameplay, the more re-play value a game has.(Fact).
    And yet mancala and chess (or variations thereof) are two of the most played and replayed games in the entirety of human history, despite having startalingly simple gameplay mechanics.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Some (and in my experience most) PP players have there heads stuck-up there arse's (Fact!)

Chapter-Master

Let's be fair; there's a few of those in every corner of every hobby.

@Realasine -- You really have to look at the simple economics of it all, as that's clearly what GW has been doing for the last 10 years. Marines make more money than any other faction in 40k, and thus they get the starlet's attention. The same could be said for Orcs & Goblins in WHFB. There's a reason those two factions have the breadth of kits that they do.

They have to take those numbers into account when they make their production plans for Xenos races. That's why some of the less played Xenos races take so long to get updated. I have absolutely no hard stats on this, but I'd wager Tau and Necrons are the least played of the factions. Is part of this due to their out-of-date kits and codecies? Absolutely. But GW has people making research based decisions on whether or not it would be more profitable to revamp the Tau line, or release a Plastic IG Thunderbolt. The bigger $$ almost always wins, particularly in a publicly traded company. I'm not saying it's right, or fair, but it's how it works. Bigger revenue streams get more attention.

www.queencityguard.com

Banned

Fact: Epic Butcher is best.

Fact: The Butcher eats beets.

Butcher, beets, Batlestar Galactica.

Jervis!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asimodeus View Post
    Some (and in my experience most) PP players have there heads stuck-up there arse's (Fact!)
    I just wish they would leave them there and not come out to harass 40K players...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mauglum. View Post
    Hi wittdooly.
    Can you please expian what EXACTLY you dis agree with?
    Sure

The more complex the gameplay, the more re-play value a game has.(Fact).
    Game play in wargames is comprised of stratragic, and tactical factors.(Fact.)
    I agree with the 2nd point, but disagree with the first. Firstly, I think re-play value is a purely subjective. Just because a game is more complex strategically doesn't mean I'm going to want to play it again. I have that problem with Infinity despite the fact that I like the game. The game is far too heavy for me in some places. For the very same reason I despise BattleTech. I don't want to book-keep that much while I play a game to relax. I think finding a balance between the strategy and the fun makes for a game's replayability.

Definitions.
    Tactical factors are ALL the options players have in game.(Actions- interactions available and the variation in the squencing of these actions.)

Strategic factors are the all the options players take BEFORE the game starts.(Army building , unit load out and deployment .etc)
    I agree on your definitions, but this is, again, to me an instance of the three bears. We have to find our just right portion of a game while you're playing. I think that's why the amount of Strategic planning that goes into a 40k army list build is so much more forgiveable; you only have to worry about it before the game, and not during.

If a game uses the most apropriate game mechanics then the maximum tactical interation can be arrived at with the minimum of written rules.(Fact.)
    Strategic conciderations usualy are more text heavy ,as each option has to be defined , rather than tactical game play which is derived 'organicaly' from the basic basic game mechanics and resolution methods.
    This is the crux of one of my major issues with your argument. To say Warmahordes is less 'text-heavy' is so incredibly misleading. With 40k, you have to worry about only a few UNIVERSAL special rules during the course of a game. With Warmahordes, you have to be concerned with not only the special rules for every unit you control, but also your opponents. There is a lot of information on those cards. A whole lot.

PP games may be nearest to 40k in reguards to being strategicaly heavy.
    But PP write thier rules sets specificaly for compatative play, and are quite honest about the limitations of thier game systems.
    And GW writes theirs for more casual play. Why is this a bad thing? Further, there is an inherent flaw in the Warmahordes game system, otherwise they wouldn't allow every player to bring two army lists. Because of the R-P-S nature of it, if you didn't have two lists, you could simply run into a list that you'd have a near impossible time beating.

For me, Warmahordes has the highest threshold for me for acceptable book keeping. It is far more than in 40k. Neither is bad, but again, it's a matter of taste.

So I would be very appeciative if you could clarify what is 'so wrong it makes you brain hurt'?
    You tend to use circular logic, but honestly I have trouble getting through your posts because of mangled mess of English you present. I wholly realize this is probably because you are not a native English speaker, and I envy and respect the fact that you're bilinguall; it doesn't make it any less maddening to read

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I just wish they would leave them there and not come out to harass 40K players...
    That might happen when the reverse is true and 40k folks leave off doing the same thing in the PP articles that appear on BoLS.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by mikethefish View Post
    That might happen when the reverse is true and 40k folks leave off doing the same thing in the PP articles that appear on BoLS.
    I don't read the PP articles. However people who tread both side of the line have told me that it is a far rarer occurence for 40K players to be crayoning on PP articles.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast