BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    I am just wondering why the original poster is saying this now? This is old news unless his/her intention was to bring it up to the front again so GW will notice it.
    Please don't discourage him. It is admittedly an old topic, but hey...we've got a new post. Let's be grateful. It has been so dead around here lately!

Abbess Sanctorum

So we resort to "omg my codex sucks" then?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Battle-Brother

the last 4 codexs i liked ,the knights F@#ked chaos hard,but still my # 1 ...weres summer of flyers???? i want the kits but will thay over power the game..a 200 $$$ thunderhalk would be sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    It does indeed suck. Having said that, no amount of complaining will rectify this fact.

Librarian

I am only beginning to play, but I have found I do pretty well with my nids in casual play, which is primarilly what I play in. It does seem that competetively from what I read there really isn't much the nids can do, because the knights and DE especially pwn their face in hard. Which is odd for monstrous creatures from another galaxy that at one time were considered the greatest threat to life.

But I do love my nids, fun to paint and play with me, my only real complaint being that major models and options are just not in the kits. this is the order of importance to me.

1) Tervigon (amazing HQ and troop, just awesome)
    2) Boneswords and Lashwips for warriors and hive guard (why these arent there annoys me)
    3) Tyrranofex (awesome amazing unit, great for a tank killer at range)
    4) Mycetic Spore (just frelling useful)
    5) Harpy (no experience with this yet so im not too bothered by it)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Wow, almost a whole 24 hours without you trolling a thread, what took you so long?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    But I do love my nids, fun to paint and play with me, my only real complaint being that major models and options are just not in the kits. this is the order of importance to me.

1) Tervigon (amazing HQ and troop, just awesome)
    2) Boneswords and Lashwips for warriors and hive guard (why these arent there annoys me)
    3) Tyrranofex (awesome amazing unit, great for a tank killer at range)
    4) Mycetic Spore (just frelling useful)
    5) Harpy (no experience with this yet so im not too bothered by it)
    I agree with the fun factor. I'm not that competitive (or good).

I love, love, love the Tervigon. Main reason I finally won a small tournament. Spores are great too. The biovore is a lame model in my opinion (a gorilla with a cannon on its back), but for the low price it is a pretty effective bug. Love the Zoanthropes too.

Have you tried the Parasite? It is pretty hit and miss, but can really cause trouble against swarm armies.

Did you do a Tyrranofex conversion? If so, how did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    The biovore is a lame model in my opinion (a gorilla with a cannon on its back), but for the low price it is a pretty
    It's supposed to be an Orkish Nid, it looks perfect.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    I agree with the fun factor. I'm not that competitive (or good).

I love, love, love the Tervigon. Main reason I finally won a small tournament. Spores are great too. The biovore is a lame model in my opinion (a gorilla with a cannon on its back), but for the low price it is a pretty effective bug. Love the Zoanthropes too.

Have you tried the Parasite? It is pretty hit and miss, but can really cause trouble against swarm armies.

Did you do a Tyrranofex conversion? If so, how did you do it?
    I havent done a tfex yet but mine will use a carnifex as the base, put two big as hell supporting arms using all 4 sockets, and it will have this massive cannon strapped to its back. Got the inspiration from blue table painting for it, and its like if you took the pyrovore, beefed it the hell up, and made it not suck, and made it artillery. It will be an interesting conversion when i finally get around to it.

Never tried the parisite, and I am more inclined to use the doom of malantai to be honest, as far as IC's go, and the swarmlord for that matter, that bugger is a beast.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Veteran-Sergeant

For my next army, I'll probably start either Nids or Slaanesh-themed Daemons (lol).

Kind of wish they had the love that Dark Eldar have. (I've played them since the starter set. They deserve a full range more than anyone.)

Yeah, the codex makes me pretty sad because there are so many cool units I want to include, but I can't fit them all in to one list. (Eldar syndrome). So I think I'll just buy to paint.

Chaplain

My question is what was going through Robbin Cruddaces head when he thought of fex squads of 3. Oh sure, you can have 3 Carnifex's in a squad! Which nid player wouldnt want that? By the way its 480 points base for the squad... And more to the point, each of the models in the squad has to be equipped the EXACT same way. So the most alien, diverse army in the universe has the strongest sense of uniformity? WTF!?
    Ok rant over
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast