BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Things that I have made recently(Imperial Fortress, Dark Eldar, Reaver Titan)

Time to start a PLOG for my projects, with a hope that I will keep it updated! Thanks to my good pal Lexington for an awesome title.

Anyhow, the first and most important thing that I have made lately is this:

My lovely daughter Olivia. She is exactly one month old, and is totally amazing on many different levels.

During her ventures into nap land, I have been working on scratch building a near likeness to the Forge World Imperial Fortress kit. Normally, my local gamer friends would tell you that I have no problem shelling out the cash for one of these, but right now I would rather put the money towards Olivia going to college, should she so desire to.

Construction is 100% foam core board right now. There will be some PVC pipe columns added to each tower when I get a chance to get over to my fathers house(he has a power circle saw in a mitre box, and I do not) with Forgeworld razorback turrets on each. The towers will at some point get some quad auto cannons added, and I am thinning of making ground level extensions of the gatehouse towers with some sort of missile launcher on then, but that is all drawing board sort of stuff. Soon, the whole thing will get covered in a layer of drywall plaster, and be sanded smooth..

Brother-Sergeant

I never have understood the four image limit per post thing on BOLS lounge.

Here are the gatehouse towers that I have begun to detail, with a corner section lined up next to it. I currently am unsure if I will make the gate open or not. I certainly still can, I just do not know if I care enough to do it. I may just make a solid door that snaps on via magnetic strip.

Battle-Brother

hey do u happen to have a material list and list of the dimensions you used to make everything?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by proeliator_legio View Post
    hey do u happen to have a material list and list of the dimensions you used to make everything?
    Olivia was most likely created using semen, a female complete with a functioning uterus, and nine months' worth of ice cream and pickles. It's a common scratch build, really. I see them all the time.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    Olivia was most likely created using semen, a female complete with a functioning uterus, and nine months' worth of ice cream and pickles. It's a common scratch build, really. I see them all the time.
    Hah! Om my god, you just crit my wife and I with comedy. You win sir.

Anyhow dimensions... Kind of. I had this habit of jotting dimensions down on the foam core that I had not yet used, and then using those pieces later. So anything I gave wouldn't really be accurate.

I started using a set of templates put together by a gu on Warseer. However, those templates were designed to be used in cutting down huge blocks of white styrofoam for the structure, and I did not want to do that, so I took one of his wall templates and used that to extrapolate everything else that I needed using a T-square, 30-60-90 triangle, and some steel rulers. I also used an xacto foam board cutter for nice 90 degree cuts, some normal xacto blades, and lots of Gorilla brand wood glue.

So far I have burned through four full sheets of 3/16" thick foam core, and one full sheet of 1/2" foam core. I need to pick up some heavy poster board to do all of the edging with, to cover up any exposed foam.

Brother-Sergeant

Mocking up the gatehouse gantry. Each gatehouse tower will have an additional level built into it, on top of what currently stands.

Battle-Brother

always wondered how they scratch built them baby things, might have to try it one day. Now the fortress thingy is starting to look impressive one day it might rival that scratch built baby but the paint job on that thing so damn realistic going to be hard to top that.

Adeptus Custodes

I recommend magnetizing it, so if you get tired of having one gender you can easily change. I've heard people are doing it in China to combat all the boyspam their one child policy throws up.Best to use a 2mm magnet.

OP- good luck with the little model and your miniatures too.
    More Necromunda please.

Chapter-Master

Another little gamer enters the world. Congratulations! My first a still a few years off

As for the models they're very impressive. I'd do the same and blatantly rip off your work if I had the space to store it...One day...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

wow very nice! i suppose the fortesss could double as one of those baby gates :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast