BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chaos dwarf

Veteran-Sergeant

Default chaos dwarf

does anyone know when the codex from either games workshop or forgeworld is going to come out?
    SATAN in our lives is noted, all his vices often quoted and though he serves a spendid feast, at the table's head still sits the BEAST!!!!!!!!

The FW book with chaos midgets in was supposed to be out this month from FW but it has been delayed, they hope to release it in the next month or to, I believe.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

thanks
    SATAN in our lives is noted, all his vices often quoted and though he serves a spendid feast, at the table's head still sits the BEAST!!!!!!!!

How viable are they as an army at the moment? Seems they only have one type of unit with two weapon options and command, plus several warmachines. I ask because I'm considering ordering them here soon since they're so freakin cool!

Hard to say since we can't see all the units available. I find it hard to believe they only have one unit entry and so far we haven't seen any characters, generic or named.

We will likely just have to wait and find out when the book is released as right now it's like trying to figure out how viable a previewed army will be based off the White Dwarf preview list.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

yeah, I think my biggest fear is that I'll dump a couple of grand into a sweet army that'll never get updated because it's a FW special. Does FW update units based on editions?

hard to say, particularly with Fantasy since they've never really done much Fantasy in the past.

I know for 40k that they've updated some of the units (mostly vehicles) for us in newer editions. We'll see what happens though. I can certainly understand your reticence though.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

When they first announced Warhammer Forge they seemed to be saying the Chaos Dwarfs will just be supporting units for the Chaos army, not an army in themselves. But I guess we'll see- that was before Rick left GW...
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

yeah, I've heard that too, though I've also heard that FW's Chaos Dwarves were a stop gap until GW came out with an official army book and model line and so on. Guess we'll have to wait until the book comes out!

Besides, just found out my OK is getting an update soon! Looks like Imma have to start work on those!

The Throne of Chaos book is now slated for Sept/Oct. and that is when to decide if CD's are worth doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast