BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default would a tigerius deep strike list be viable?

I received an old tigerius and although I can use him as a regular librarian, I thought it'd be a fun list to run him with deep striking terminators, land speeders and vanguard veterans.

Actually now that I think about it, does his gift of prescience affect deep striking?

the gift of presience does effect deep strike reserved rolls they are just normal reserve rolls. the problem is tigerius himself cant deep strike as he is not in terminator armour but he can go in a drop pod. he is also very fragile for a 230 point character, with only 2 wounds no invulnerable save and no eteral warrior it really limits his usefullness, you are nearly always better off with an epistolary, the rerolls are usefull but not worth 230 points.

Brother-Sergeant

Default could not agree more

For drop pod I recommend vulkan or lysander

i meant using tigerius to improve your reserve rolls. i'd have tigerius stay back as support.

thats alot of points for just sit back and support, whats he going to do at the back field when most powers are close range. you can give this list a go you dont need others approval to try things, if it works, good for you, if not oh well it was fun to play. i would just suggest if you have to commit money to this and want it to be tournament viable i would proxy a couple of games.

Brother-Sergeant

I ran an all deep strike/reserve ultramarine list for quite a while, and still do on occasion. It is fun to play, but not really all that great. It was tigurius and a chaplain, two tacticals in pods, 3 dreads in pods, 3 landspeeders, and a unit of scouts or 2.

I wouldn't call it a viable for winning tournaments, but it did well enough, and was fun to play against some of the harder tourney lists, and see what I could do.

When you use tigurius, don't forget about the three powers per turn, and the reroll to hit in cc. He is expensive, but he is worth his points if use him right. You need to be running all reserve to make him worthwhile.