BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    Indication is 12 points per Sister, 125 points for a 10-sister squad of Battle Sisters.
    Not really much to go on yet. If you look at the current codex, a 10 sister squad (sister superior and 9 battle sisters) is 110 points. Upgrading the sister superior to a veteran (and who doesn't?) makes the unit 124 points. So is the sister superior automatically a veteran now? That would be a 1 point increase on cost for a basic squad. Then there is the matter of the cost of transport which has been about 20 points over cost. Did it get fixed?

I guess I will find out soon.

120pts for, I imagine, Celestine is amazing, she is nearly immortal.

Ten Sisters with a Superior cost 124 at the moment and don't have grenades so that might not be too bad. At least they aren't turning SoB into a horde army.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

BoKs rumor hub had this posted just recently:

Quote Originally Posted by pathtyphon
    Some little point teasers from the Sisters Second White Dwarf.

Regular Sisters 12 pts each
    Cannoness 75 pts base
    Coffessor 55pts base
    St. Celestine 175 pts
    Repentia 90 pts 4 + 1 Mistress
    Celestian & Sheraphim 15 pts each
    Retributer 85pts for max heavy bolters

that is all I got for now. enjoy

Just saw that on Warseer, contradicts some bits of the French stuff, namely no SCs above 120.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Some more titbits:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss
    Ok, me subscribing to the French Forum paid off :

So :
    - special weapons are roughly costed the same than before, heavy weapons decrease in points, heavy flamer increases in points
    - VSS still have access to their Eviscerator
    - No gear increasing the number of Faith Points
    - SoB Rhino's cost is the same as SM's one
    - No upgrade for Immolators making them faster/using their weapon at full speed
    So at what point can I start feeling smug in an insufferable, I-told-you-so fashion for saying the second half wouldn't fix all the problems?

I just hope this is some kind of elaborate French lie to put one over the British. Please let it be so.

Edit: Exorcists costed the same (good), penitent engines more expensive. Emperor Titan sized WTF?
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-24-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Chaplain

Will have the WD tomorrow, so stay tuned for a post in 24 hours, unless someone beats me to it.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

There is no sarissa! One of the iconic wargear options for sisters, even if it was a bit odd given their lack of CC prowess, and it has been removed. Plus heavy flamers getting more expensive, what the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Ten Sisters with a Superior cost 124 at the moment ....
    Well. Sort of.
    The squad says it consists of 1 Sister Superior and 9-19 Battle Sisters for 11 points each. You may upgrade the Sister Superior to a Veteran Sister Superior for 14 points. So 110 points base or 124 points with an upgraded Sister Superior. But the base unit cost 110 points and comes with a Sister Superior.

But really, that is splitting hairs. We don't even know if the new version comes with a veteran superior or if she is like the old basic one. It makes it hard to compare.

True, and it is the least of the SoB worries at the moment. Everything is worse, anything which is vaguely decent has had a price increase, some of the really bad things like penitent engines may have had a price increase, the amount of wargear options are laughable, cannonesses can no longer have jump packs so they can't join Seraphim, they no longer have blessed weapons, blessed ammunition no longer exists, immolators are no longer fast, acts of faith are rubbish, faith points are restrictive and scale poorly, heavy flamers are more expensive, repentia are still crap and have ben increased in price, seraphim are still crap and have been increased in price, it goes on and on.

This codex, if these rumours are true (and they come from three long time posters on a French forum who are regarded as reliable), is absolutely terrible.

Heavy Flamers cost the same as an agoniser or one third of the cost of 5 SoB.
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-24-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Man, I love being right, especially in the face of the worthless trolls who kept saying my pessimism was akin to saying "the sky is falling".
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast