BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Rules Lawyering Time!
    Act of Faith system: "The unit immediately gains a bonus and/or special rules until the end of the phase."

Sororitas Command Squad: "This Act of Faith is used in the MOVEMENT phase. If successful the unit gains the Relentless and MTC USR until the end of the turn."

I'm sure an ******* would claim that since the rules for acts of faith state they only last 1 phase that this AoF would only last the movement phase :P

Force Org question.

Gw usually has their force org organized like this: HQ, Elite, Troop, Fast Attack, Heavy Support and Special Characters

So does this mean :

HQ
    Canoness
    Sororitas Command Squads
    Ecclesiarchy
    Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclaves

Elite
    Sisters Repentia
    Penitent Engine

Troops
    Battle Sisters
    Celestian Squads

Fast Attack
    Dominion Squads
    Seraphim Squads

Heavy Support
    Retributor Squads
    Exorcists

I know I've read from one of the rumours leakers that there would only be 2 units per force org slot.

Any thoughts?

I suspect Repentia are troops and Celestians will be elites. Otherwise your list is probably correct.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    Obviously you have not actually read the rule. It's D6 faith points for the entire army and you deduct from the total before rolling. If you fail you still lose it just like now. The average will be 3-4 per game and then each one (barring units joined by certain characters) has roughly a 50-66% chance of working. Yeah, that's worth it...
    You have to get a 4+ from the start of the game as each squad has a superior, as soon as you loose a girl it goes down to a 3+. So how exactly is that weak SoB are still better than tau even if this WD codex is worse!

Veteran-Sergeant

after reading through the bestiary it seems already like an army that wants to have a chance will have to take Uriah for any sort of reliability. Either that or have two Cannonesses jumping from unit to unit that require faith rolls to try and capitalize on the 3+ to succeed in the attempt . . . . . .
    Once again, hoping the units can by wargear upgrades that are useful enough to make the army not rely on the faith rolls . . . . . . . . all in all this means I'm going to be delaying my real jump into 40k again as Sisters was the only army I was every really interested in.

Seems like there can be only one solution for existing sisters players:

Counts as Blood Angels

Celestine = Sanguinor
    Cannoness = Reclusiarch
    Celestians = Honour Guard
    Sister hospatiler = Sanguinary priest
    Seraphim = Assault marines
    Battle sisters = Tactical marines
    Repentia = Death company
    Penitent engine = Furioso dreads
    Immolators = Razorbacks
    Rhinos=Rhinos
    Exorcist = Predator

Play a razorspam list = sorted

Shas'o

One good thing is this white dwarf dex seems unfinished so the rumors of them releasing a full codex in a year seem much more likely.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    All those complaining about acts of faith you can have 6 points and only decrease the total faith points if you fail an attempt. So how does that make them weaker.
    You have d6. Not 6. This number does not increase with he size of your army. You have D6 faith points per turn. No more. No less.

The current faith point system scales with army size..

Similarly, each unit ahs one act of faith, Just one. The current act of faith system has all units being able to activate the act of faith relevant to the situation instead of merely only having the one that they can use.
    Last edited by Melissia; 07-24-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

not necessarily true

if a unit has a Canoness it can use two acts of faith, if a priest also joins it has access to three, while this codex may not please everyone (or even anyone) it is very much still a WIP. Only moved into WD if the rumours were true because the necrons were not yet ready.

until someone actually plays with the new rules in there entirety all we still have is idle speculation.
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Battle-Brother

Does anyone remember the BA White Dwarf list? Their WD list sucked so much that BA practically went extinct. But look at how they are now.

It's a WD codex. It's going to suck, they've all sucked and it's far more than likely they always will. But looking at what happened with BA when they got a new book should give people some hope, especially when considering that Sister's actually look to be slated for a full codex release sooner rather than later (something that was not the case with BA).

But, that's just my thought about it.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Go read the act of faith descriptions in C:WH. With the exception of Divine Guidance and Spirit of the Martyr, they were all essentially already done through religious conviction.

The difference is that now they're all limited to one act of faith, most of which suck. +1 strength and fearless is HORRIBLE on Celestians with their initiative nerfed to I3 and Holy Hatred removed, for example. They'll take more casualties than they give and then suffer even more casualties because of fearless.
    I know, Sisters already are about like that, well, maybe with a little deliberate ambiguity with what actually does it, but I was just being a tad facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    All those complaining about acts of faith you can have 6 points and only decrease the total faith points if you fail an attempt. So how does that make them weaker.
    And this basically is why the acts of faith are worse off now. It's a combination of everything. Severe limitations on who can use what acts of faith, the notion that we may only be able to use one or two acts of faith in a turn, and still have a risk of failing the rolls as opposed to accepting a bad roll and using the larger game-wide pool that you know you have as opposed to the turn poo. It's much harder to plan on acts of faith than it was, and overall the acts of faith themselves are weaker.

As Melissia points out, the new Hand of the Emperor is awful, it's going to do more harm than good against anything with a bit of melee optimization, like Assault Marines. If it were at I4 like they used to be, sure, I could see that being useful, but with this it's only going to be useful for killing weak things a bit faster. What's the point of two attacks at S4 if nearly half the squad is dead before they can use them anyway? The faith power can't be relied on and when it does work they're STILL not as good as Assault Marines (who have T4 and I4 over them). And then Fearless only applies in the assault phase, so you can't even use it to avoid getting pinned or ignore morale checks for shooting losses, only in melee and only when you actually get it off. Of course you might say it's better than them getting sweeping advanced, but compared to 3rd edition, where that Celestian Squad would have been effectively stubborn, it's not really.

Honestly I think all that means is that we're going to start seeing more Battle Sisters in Rhinos and less Celestians in Immolators. Or any Celestians at all. Their melee isn't very strong, so might as well just shoot them, and if we want to take Immolators we can use Retributors or Dominions and not even give them a weapon upgrade and have them be better shooters because of their faith power, and I'm pretty sure a Dominion or Retributor isn't going to cost more than a Celestian.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast