BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default New Scarabs on GW site

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440259a&prodId=99060110 003"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440259a&prodId=99060110 003[/URL]
    These look to be a new model from any I have seen before.

Fly Lord

Those aren't "new" they are ancient. Those are the old, original scarab models from 3rd edition.

The only shocking thing is seeing such outdated models up for sale.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Initiate

Actually, I think those are3 the scarabs from when Necrons first appeared at the tail end of second edition. Yeppers, those are ANCIENT.

Brother-Captain

Yeah, as has been said they're ancient.

Also, they're the only versions of scarabs that have -ever- been on the website. Or at least the Canadian site. They've never had the 'modern' plastic scarabs up online.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Those aren't "new" they are ancient. Those are the old, original scarab models from 3rd edition.

The only shocking thing is seeing such outdated models up for sale.
    Same thing happened with Tyranid Rippers. I thought they were ugly new minis, but was told they were either 2nd or 3rd edition Rippers. So it looks like GW found some more Scarabs to sell. Well maybe it looks like Necrons will be released soon. If it happened with Tyranids, maybe same thing will happen to Necrons too.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Veteran-Sergeant

Wow. I think I've got a dozen of those in an old Mail-Order Trolls box somewhere. Along with my original all-metal Necron army...

Ahhh, the good old days. When a Necron army weighed fifteen pounds or more.
    Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

i think thats because the plastic ones were one warrior sprues or something. not 100% sure but i think thats why they were never for individual sale.

Chaplain

i think i like these ones better than the newer ones, more menacing actaully.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Ahhh, the good old days. When a Necron army weighed fifteen pounds or more.
    Nowadays they just cost fifteen pounds per model (thats about 25 dollars- so the price of those two scarab swarms then...)

But yes, the troops section of the Necron page on the GW website is empty. So we can expect boxes of 10 Necron warriors now to come in line with other GW sets. Also, maybe options?? maybe you can make flayed ones from the boxed set too!! Im gettign ahead of myself, i know.