BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Also hearing that Laud Hailers mean that if you use a faith power then on a roll of a six you get to keep the point (12" range). I dare suggest it's almost as if we have to roll a bunch of 6s to win with this. Still uhh... I'm going to wait a bit. I start feeling weird when I see comments that the Canoness has an option to carry a... Heavy... Bolter... It's apparently twin-linked and re-rolls to-wound.

Other rumors include no Blessed Weapons at all, and it looks like the Cloak of St. Aspira is gone as well, no mention of the BoSL but seems oddly absent from equipment lists. Blessed Banner lets you reroll morale and pinning tests.

Simulacrum Imperialis exactly as called, reroll faith tests like the Seraphim. Seraphim can't take it.

I don't know about you but if this is all true I'm... starting to hate this codex. I'll wait for stronger confirmation though, a lot of what I just put up came from a self-professed lurker, so I'm still not 100% certain half of this isn't a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Man, I love being right, especially in the face of the worthless trolls who kept saying my pessimism was akin to saying "the sky is falling".
    I love being right, too, but if this is true, victory tastes bitter. :/

I particularly enjoy the bit where most of them said that if the Sisters go horde with basic Sister point reductions they could be a powerful army.
    Last edited by Lancel; 08-24-2011 at 09:03 AM.

BoSL is gone, confirmed on Warseer.

I was willing to give the WD codex the benefit of th doubt, until we saw the first part, then it was just a giant slap in the face. People said 'wait for the second half, it will fix everything. Well, I'd feel smug if I weren't so damned dissapointed. I'd hoped the second half woudl at least just be slighlty bad, not this utterly abysmal disgrace.

What this means is an army based around its devotion and religious zealotry to the Emperor now have fewer fearless and stubborn units than ever before and are more likely to run away than ever before.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Man, I love being right, especially in the face of the worthless trolls who kept saying my pessimism was akin to saying "the sky is falling".
    Well, hopefully the sweet taste of your victory here makes up for the lack of them you'll have with your now crappier army.

Enjoy!

www.queencityguard.com

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Well, hopefully the sweet taste of your victory here makes up for the lack of them you'll have with your now crappier army.

Enjoy!
    Meh, I'll just be playing Guard and Orks as I've been doing pretty much all this year anyway... well when I bother to play, it's been kinda meh recently.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Meh, I'll just be playing Guard and Orks as I've been doing pretty much all this year anyway... well when I bother to play, it's been kinda meh recently.
    Shame, as I love the sisters models. Can you like, proxy them as vets or anything?

www.queencityguard.com

I hate to sound like a troll but this just confirms my dislike of Cruddace. Sure, the IG are good, but were also responsible for some game changing balance issues that have only recently been adequately fixed

Librarian

( wrinkles nose and sniffs the air ) What that I can smell, oh yes the smell of GAMES WORKSHOP FAIL.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

It seems like the bad news just keeps coming, too. I have heard a lot bad but very little good from the second part. Blessed Banner lets you reroll morale and pinning tests within its radius in addition to the +1 wounds in close combat resolution. Canoness gets a weird... twin-linked Heavy Bolter which sounds kinda good if mixed with a Command Squad for (possible) Relentless. I don't know if anyone will use it. I was kinda thinking people would be more likely to pick Confessors for more Battle Enclaves. It seems like anything that had potential from the first part got a point increase.

Sisters really aren't any cheaper than marines. If heavy flamers are 20 points and meltaguns are 20 points with a squad of 10 being 125, then Sisters in a Rhino are a whole 15 points cheaper than a 10 man Tac squad with a missile launcher and heavy flamer in a Rhino. So that 15 points buys them +1 WS, +1 S, +1 T, +1 I, ATSKNF, and the ability to combat squad. Thats a a terrible failure in design from my perspective and uncalled for. After all I'm just saving under 1.5 points each model. Ouch!

Immolators are rumored to be 65 points still which is a hige failure on GW's part since they have a Raqzorback's stats now. Blood Angels have a fast razorback with twin-linked heavy flamers for 10 points less than that. I just hope Exorcists are a little more flexible with a 2nd firing mode.
    Last edited by andrewm9; 08-24-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Brother-Captain

Huh. Suddenly I don't feel as bad for wanting to build Sisters counts-as Blood Angels.

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast