BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Default SoB WD codex 'leaked'

Looks like someone got their WD a bit early:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I'm not sure the BoLS rules allow me to post the rest. Its only the bestiary.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Eldargal gets the scoop again.

Interesting that they've put pictures next to each entry. Might indicate whether any new models are coming?

Any news on the back page announcement?

Brother-Captain

The idea of a Sister Command Squad is kind of cool - and if they re-release that Hospitaler model I'd be alright with that. I don't play Sisters, but I've always really liked that model - wouldn't mind seeing my friend fielding a command squad with one of 'em in there.

It really is frustrating knowing that the actual rules for using all of these gals is another month off, though.

No new models posted that I can see. I would execpt any models (new or Finecast) to be released in September when the actual army list is published.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    No new models posted that I can see. I would execpt any models (new or Finecast) to be released in September when the actual army list is published.
    Agreed, I'm thinking are there any conspicuous absences, like missing sisters repentia for example. I doubt they'd put up a pic ogf the old model and then replace them next month with new ones.

If all entries are represented by existing models it strongly hints at a modelless or finecast only release.

First-Captain

Cool. It looks like they stream lined acts of faith, just don't know how to us faith yet. Also the two units have unique faith. The abilty to rapid fire and assault at int 4 with re roll hits seem pretty cool.

What is also nice is the Cannoness is bs 5 and ws 5. I also noticed it seems like frag and krack might be standard. Can't say much without knowing weapon options, what abilities due, and point cost.

If the command squad can take plasma the rentless would be very nice and heavy bolters would be a good option as well.

What I don't like so far is they do sell the two new options seperate already, but they really cost. If they make a box set option it would be nice.

Adeptus Custodes

Is Laud hailer a simple typo or a clever play on words? Edit: likely to be a play on words [url]http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/laud[/url]

Also those models have the old style SOB power armour, my understanding was (I could be wrong) that it was going to be updated and slightly.
    More Necromunda please.

All units have a picture with them. It does seem absurd that GW would rush out a WD SoB codex, release no models with it despite having already made the moulds for new plastics. I can't imagine they would go to the effort of making Finecast Sisters when they will be replaced (in six months or so if the rumours are true) by plastic.

So why go to all this effort? Hell they are supposed to have had a proper SoB codex almost ready to go anyway.

First-Captain

Some belief it's to get rid of allies before another Ard Boys come around. Some people like me still use sister allies, so now I will have to finish my sister army.

I've heard that theory, I find it bizarre that GW would go to all that effort to do something for a tournament scene they really don't care for that much. They could just make a tournament rule saying no allies.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast