BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    not necessarily true

if a unit has a Canoness it can use two acts of faith, if a priest also joins it has access to three, while this codex may not please everyone (or even anyone) it is very much still a WIP. Only moved into WD if the rumours were true because the necrons were not yet ready.

until someone actually plays with the new rules in there entirety all we still have is idle speculation.
    It's not WIP. It's a release version.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Captain

From what I've seen and read, yeah ... this thing sucks harder than a toothless ten dollar crack whore. An apt analogy, considering what will happen to sisters every single time they take the field.

There is a solution, however. Everyone should turn towards 52° 56' 26.70" N by 1° 10' 26.76" W (or in Google Earth: 52.94075N, 1.1741W). When properly aligned, raise your right hand (or left, if you're left handed) with your palm facing towards you. Curl down your thumb, index, ring and little fingers and repeat after me ... "FUG you! I'm going to play the old codex, allies and all, until you people over there can scrape together enough neurons to form the merest spark of a clue."

Last edited by Necron2.0; 07-24-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Shas'o

Necron2.0 = WINNING!!!
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Not sure how people have read this, did you get an early copy? I haven't read it but from reading the comments here, it looks like Melissia is right. Too bad, I was hoping she was wrong.

So I guess the question is now, who plays for fun and can still use the old codex. I guess in tournies you can't use the old codex.

So out of curiosity, what is the better codex? SoB or Tyranids? Guess it doesn't matter if you are a SoB player. What is the reasoning for this. Talk about spitting in the face of your customers.

Oh well, maybe GW is thinking this will piss of the remaining SoB players to start collecting something else. Otherwise I can't believe GW would do this all over again.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    It's not WIP. It's a release version.
    compare the Blood Angels WD release to the final released codex, they are very similar I am sure...

if it was completely finished they would have released a codex not put it in WD anyone except a very paranoid person with perhaps a persecution complex would understand this.

it is a trial balloon only just to update a very old codex in the direction they plan on taking it.
    Last edited by Verilance; 07-24-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    The bytching about faith points boggles my mind.

How often SHOULD their prayers be answered? I'm sorry, I thought they were supposed to be at least a semi rare thing.?
    So are Daemons. So let's limit the Chaos codex to 1 daemon prince and maybe 3-5 lesser daemons. The daemons will also lose their Gifts of Chaos and will have to make standard Psyker tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    So wait, through religious conviction one can make a bullet hit harder?
    More like their shooting more accurate. Rending represents a bullet/shot hitting the weak spot in someone's Armour. It other represents a weapon that's accurate enough, or shoots fast enough to accomplish this. I.E Sniper Rifles and Assault Cannons.

I don't know what the official fluff explanation in the new book is. But so me it sound like the sisters concentrating to gun down the enemy they hate so much.
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chapter-Master

so its a fact:

GW hates =][=

gk was vanillaed into generic marines with some complicated weapons and sisters units, and well remove the cool stormtroops. however we will make it competitive so people will play it.

now SOB may be going the same way , according to mellisa. but they will be competitive if you spam metal bawxes.

*cries*
    *invents time machine back to before IG, SW , BA and GK*
    *ahhh better*

@verilance
    not slightly DC,DC dreads, most of the IC's and the black rage all are different. oh and they gave rhinos doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post

There is a solution, however. Everyone should turn towards 52° 56' 26.70" N by 1° 10' 26.76" W (or in Google Earth: 52.94075N, 1.1741W). When properly aligned, raise your right hand (or left, if you're left handed) with your palm facing towards you. Curl down your thumb, index, ring and little fingers and repeat after me ... "FUG you!
    done.
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 07-24-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Seems like there can be only one solution for existing sisters players:

Counts as Blood Angels

Celestine = Sanguinor
    Cannoness = Reclusiarch
    Celestians = Honour Guard
    Sister hospatiler = Sanguinary priest
    Seraphim = Assault marines
    Battle sisters = Tactical marines
    Repentia = Death company
    Penitent engine = Furioso dreads
    Immolators = Razorbacks
    Rhinos=Rhinos
    Exorcist = Predator

Play a razorspam list = sorted
    I'm at the point now this might be the only way I'd even consider playing Sisters, and mostly not even then.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    @verilance
    not slightly DC,DC dreads, most of the IC's and the black rage all are different. oh and they gave rhinos doors.
    sarcasm is often lost on the internet

I was reading the BA WD codex the other day whilst looking through my old WD
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast