BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

yeah, if WD was a regular dump for new rules, i would definitely pay $9 a month for it.

between 1997 and 2009 (or whenever it went to $9) i bought it every month. since then i think i bought one issue - the one with the Spearhead rules.

Chapter-Master

Is it fair to say that you think GW should have just waited until they release the full codex with new units, new weapon options, etc? We all know that if/when they do release a non-WD codex, it'll have a bunch of new unit types and variable weapon options that aren't presently available.

I think the stop-gap notion is a good one, but is ultimately destined to fail because it is so limiting by what is presently available. The good news is that, based on the Blood Angels precedent, that Sisters players could have a lot to look forward to when the new codex comes out.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    From GWs standpoint, I'd hardly thing making a lot more money is "suffering" any kind of fate.
    Well, they were losing money as of their mid-term report. Their final full year report is due this week I believe if last year's date is correct and I personally am interested to see what it says.

Cheers, Gary

They weren't losing money, profits were down on what they expected. It was the terrible Christmas the UK had for retail which did it, a lot of other companies in the same boat.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Abbess Sanctorum

Is it fair to say that you think GW should have just waited until they release the full codex with new units, new weapon options, etc?
    I think if they made a stop-gap codex, it needs to NOT SUCK.

Ideally they should have kept the same statlines-- the nerf to Celestians/Seraphim alone makes the codex worthless to me, nevermind the incredibly poorly designed new Acts of Faith.
    Last edited by Melissia; 07-25-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

Am i the only one that thinks these rules aren't that bad for a rush job and i would happily try them out.

Finally we don't know points and no one has played this army yet so please stop whining, i swear the everyone suggests the sky is falling every time a new codex drops.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    I think if they made a stop-gap codex, it needs to NOT SUCK.

Ideally they should have kept the same statlines-- the nerf to Celestians/Seraphim alone makes the codex worthless to me, nevermind the incredibly poorly designed new Acts of Faith.
    How cheap would sisters have to be to make them viable, IYO? Legit question, I don't know.

If they were cheap enough that SoB became a Power Armored Horde with tons of flamers, would that be bad?

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

How cheap would sisters have to be to make them viable, IYO? Legit question, I don't know.

If they were cheap enough that SoB became a Power Armored Horde with tons of flamers, would that be bad?
    Wonderful point. The rules may look crappy now, but if you can take 6 squads of troop Sisters, 20 strong, and still not break 1000 points, I'd call that a win. If you can have 3 Penitent Engines on the table without paying more than about 80 points for each, then that's a vast improvement. If you can get Seraphim on the table for 8 points a model, then who cares how 'crappy' the rules seem?

Without points values, all of this is rather worthless because we can't make any lists. We can only assume. Saying anything about any of the new beastiary is bad is premature extrapolation, so chill out till we get the point values, then you can bash it all you want. Bashing it now is like bashing politics when you don't even know what a democrat or republican is.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    Am i the only one that thinks these rules aren't that bad for a rush job and i would happily try them out.

Finally we don't know points and no one has played this army yet so please stop whining, i swear the everyone suggests the sky is falling every time a new codex drops.
    I'm just telling it how I see it right now with our first look. Obviously none of us can play it right now because we only have half a codex. We can all make some opinions based on what we've seen so far. I'm not going to pass judgment on the whole until I actually see the whole, but I am going to say that what I've seen hasn't been great in terms of making the Sisters competitive. Rather to specifically say the bestiary and army rules looks like it went off in the other direction compared to the bestiary and army rules of CWH. Of course sometimes a rule by itself isn't very strong, but a combination of other rules or wargear can make it quite powerful. As we've said though, that's a wargear miracle.

Points may also help, though it'll be weird having them as a power armored horde when some fluff suggests there may be fewer Battle Sisters than Space Marines. I really don't want my Sisters to die by the score like Orks and Guard.
    Last edited by Lancel; 07-25-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Brother-Captain

I plan on encouraging my local store and local tournaments to allow the Witchhunters codex regardless of the WD rules. If the WD codex remains as bad as it looks, I can't imagine people would fault a sister's player for wanting to use the paper codex instead.

Does the recent WD say anywhere that it replaces Codex: Witchhunters?

Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast