BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

So at this point it's safe to say not +2/+3 Invulnerable saves or str 5 attacks. Passing faith isn't as bad as it was before, although my two cannoness squad could auto pass makes it worst.

The only good or beter squad I've seen so far is the dominaters with the scout ability.

Without looking at wargear I don't have a clue. Hopefully the wargear will be really good. If not the army is far worst then it was before. The 3+ invulnerable and ap 1 rending was what helped sisters stay somewhat competitive. I don't see anything that comes close to the old sisters.

The weapon options is going to make a huge differance. So far I don't see a reason to play them at all. If I can barely hold my own before. What makes them think without int 6 celestine or serepham that the sisters now won't get monkey stomped. The hit and run on the Serepham is a retarded joke.

For those who don't play sisters it's like turning a +3 storm shield into a +6 storm shield or making marines fall bac when they're below 50%, since I can't use faith to make them fearless, execpt troops to make them regroup.

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    Gee, not downgrading stats would be a start. Making sure the list was at least as good as the 11+ year old book we have now would be a good second.
    So...how many games have you played with the new rules?

That's a rhetorical question.

They downgraded a few stats and increased a few others. That happens when you get a new book.

If you're still mad after both parts of the codex are out and you've played three games then I'll apologize for suggesting that the sky hasn't fallen.

Thing is it is more than that. Imagine if SMs had ATSKNF changed to 5+ and to even use it you had to roll a dice and allocate a limited number of points on which all your squads special abilities relied on. You want your Death Company to move forward in a fast vehicle? Well you had better hope you get enough points or else you might have to pick one or the other, and then unless you have a squad leader and IC you only have a fifty percent chance of it working.

Or DE being allocated D6 pain tokens and having to spread them accross all squads to get the power from pain abilities, but even then only on another dice roll.

Not to mention some of the Acts of Faith are next to useless anyway. Why would you spend a valuable faith point on an ability which you will have a 50% chance of re-rolling a result you have a one in six chance of getting?

So the main theme of the army now has a severely nerfed game mechanic, the statlines have been reduced and even if they are made cheaper that just makes the changes to Acts of Faith even more obscene. A tiered system could have been better, 1D6 faith points from 0-1000 points, 2 for 1001-2000 etc. But no we get an ability which means SoB get severely hampered the more points a game has and for Apocalypse you might as well just leave them at home.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-24-2011 at 04:53 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote me from a few weeks ago;

"Don't complain about it till we know whats in it. It might surprise you!"

Quote me now

"Ok...I was wrong. Complain about it and rip it in half."

I am seriously sorry for all the Sisters players out there. I can imagine the old codex might still be in play in a lot of peoples homes.

The only gleaning hope left is maybe the points costs will be slashed...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I think the idea behind this book is to see vast numbers of Sisters with faith points being used to buff a few at strategic points. Problem is in the process they have lost much of the flavour and unique aspects to the army, the SoB being slightly better guardsmen and their faith an IG command system. At this point I am more inspired to use SoB as counts as Guard than I am to use this WD codex.

DrLove, I was the same. Very dissapointed when the WD codex was confirmed, but willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Now, however, barring some kind of wargear miracle then GW cocked it up monumentally.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Quote me from a few weeks ago;

"Don't complain about it till we know whats in it. It might surprise you!"

Quote me now

"Ok...I was wrong. Complain about it and rip it in half."

I am seriously sorry for all the Sisters players out there. I can imagine the old codex might still be in play in a lot of peoples homes.

The only gleaning hope left is maybe the points costs will be slashed...

I'm hoping really good wargear options will make all the bad go away. So far I'm diapointed, but not surprised. You can't expect much from a White Dwarf codex. It's a shame too, because it's one of my favorite armies. As of now I can't really see how I'm going to win aganist non horde.

Hopefully my troop squads can keep heavy flamers, if they drop down to a regular flamer I'll puke.

I can understand the nerfing if they was wrecking shop in ard boys, but they needed a boost. This is like nids all over again with less bonuses.

Ignoring wargear if they reduce the points it's still not gonna really help the army out. Also I'm gussing the book is gone no leadership 9 stubborn anymore for 5 points.

For the DE example it's more like this.

1. Pain token gives yu move through cover
    2. Two pain tolkens gives you relentless
    3. Three pain tokens give you furious charge

Drugs
    1-3 3d6 for movement
    4-6 +1 int.

To get pain tokens or to use drugs you roll d6 for the turn to see if you can get a token or use a drug

+5 to use drugs or a pain token
    +4 if you take sargent upgrade
    +3 if you take sargent and lose on model
    +2 if joined by an Archon, sargent upgrade, lose a model

Wytches are droped to int 5 and Incubi have str 3 on the charge and a 4+ save

All Dark Eldar have a +6 cover save

That would be pretty close to what they did to sisters

Chaplain

Just read all the pages, big thank you to Eldargal for that, and i have to say wow, if i pay all my units of SoB. Thats over 10k+ of SoB here, i get a crappy d6 FP per turn. And now for anyone out there who complained we were all whingers for complaining we only got a WD codex... all i have to say to you is "told you so".

GW is pathetically lazy, half-as#ed, morons for thinking this is a good codex, that all the SoB players will be happy with this 5th ed update until we all get a 6th ed codex one day.
    I'm not going to rant on about how each squad is good/bad, but atleast give us something uselful other than two weak lined new characters when the BA, Gk and DE get uber-tough, unstoppable characters, and we get shafted with two priests with not even a Invun save.

Fair are you kidding me??
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Sisters are Guardsmen with a 3+ and magic praying powers. I don't know what you people were expecting considering your previous Codex.
    Something interesting to play maybe?

A good army?

News as inspiring as what DE, BA,SW,and Grey Knights have gotten in the past few months?

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Thing is it is more than that. Imagine if SMs had ATSKNF changed to 5+ and to even use it you had to roll a dice and allocate a limited number of points on which all your squads special abilities relied on. You want your Death Company to move forward in a fast vehicle? Well you had better hope you get enough points or else you might have to pick one or the other, and then unless you have a squad leader and IC you only have a fifty percent chance of it working.

Or DE being allocated D6 pain tokens and having to spread them accross all squads to get the power from pain abilities, but even then only on another dice roll.

Not to mention some of the Acts of Faith are next to useless anyway. Why would you spend a valuable faith point on an ability which you will have a 50% chance of re-rolling a result you have a one in six chance of getting?

So the main theme of the army now has a severely nerfed game mechanic, the statlines have been reduced and even if they are made cheaper that just makes the changes to Acts of Faith even more obscene. A tiered system could have been better, 1D6 faith points from 0-1000 points, 2 for 1001-2000 etc. But no we get an ability which means SoB get severely hampered the more points a game has and for Apocalypse you might as well just leave them at home.
    Be honest...you'll have squad leaders for the LD9...maybe even priests. You're just looking for something to be mad about there.

Also, Acts of Faith are situational. You won't need to pop them on every single unit in your army every turn.

The stat lines are mostly the same. Two units had initiative decreases from four to three. This brings them more to par with what they should be imo. They aren't Space Marines. They're normal humans in really nice armor. Celestine and the Canoness got buffed. Celestine is on par with a DE Archon...boohoo right?

Dominions can have twin linked special weapons now. Retributors get rending. Yeah those Acts of Faith are totally useless I don't know what I was thinking...in fact all the AoF are pretty useful for the units they're assigned too.

I agree with the complaint about being hindered at higher point games. That doesn't make much sense to me. 2D6 for 1000-2000 pts is pushing it though. You won't even need that many points in a turn unless you roll amazingly bad. Maybe 1D6+3 would make more sense, but thats a moot point.

Regardless, you have no idea what your wargear options are or what some of the special gear in the book is. Knee jerk reactions are usually superb right?

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    You mean aside from the overly complicated, limited, and linear (shoehorning each unit into a role) acts of faith,
    They seem powerful enough, and comparable to some of the old ones. I also don't see anything wrong with making the sisters a army of specialized units. Your the one who is always saying the sisters should not play like SM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    the complete lack of any leadership buff for the entire army, the nerf to the initiative of Sisters veterans, etc?

We have one page, and don't know what the war gear is yet..... I also don't see the issue with thier LD. CSM don't get "They Shall Know No Fear" or anything.
    =P

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    In the age of wound allocation and massive amounts of AP3 or better firepower out there, Sisters just got shafted hard. This is the worst PDF "codex" I could possibly have envisioned and I don't care how low costed they are, unless they are 2pts per model and unlimited squad sizes it won't matter one whit what the rest of the rules say. Effing ridiculous if they think this will bring in even one new Sisters player. Frankly, it will probably drive the few of us who remain away ...
    I like how you are able to call this "duh worst book EVAH" from looking at two units in the book. Buy that logic I could say the Grey Knights book is worse then this one. If your only preview of the grey knight book was Crowe and Brotherhood champion, would you be thinking that was a bad book?

We need to know what the other units are, and how they work together.
    =/
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-24-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast