BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

the lamenters and the scythes of the emperor . And thats from my codex imperialis...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    Probably not since the ultramarines have some of the best and most experienced soldiers when it comes to fighting tyranids simply because they have been in quite a few battles and wars with them. The ultramarines are probably one of the best prepared chapters, if not the best prepared chapter when fighting tyranids.
    And that why they could be next think about it genestealers in ultramarines armor.If they can take IG or human form than why not a few space marines too

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon38 View Post
    And that why they could be next think about it genestealers in ultramarines armor.If they can take IG or human form than why not a few space marines too
    because space marines go under much more rigorous training and supervision? I think the idea of a genestealer taking the place of a space marine is a long shot..

The Shadow Wolves were wiped out as well, as was their home planet. (Mentioned in 'Helsreach')

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    because space marines go under much more rigorous training and supervision? I think the idea of a genestealer taking the place of a space marine is a long shot..
    I dont want the ultramarines to die out but they did leave a bad taste in the 'nids mouth.what better than revenge from within...think about it they have serfs or a scout that would habor one, and other things that can make it happend

Brother-Sergeant

I doubt they kill off the Ultramarines, if for no other reason than because they are GW's bread and butter army.

And, I don't have it with me, but in the new 'Nid codex, the Scythes of the Emperor and the Lamenters both took heavy losses to the nids and only have a company or two left. And there is mention of another chapter I don't recall the name of who did have their home planet over run and destroyed, though I think the chapter is still mostly intact.
    Let the weak cower. Let the brave fight. Let the fires rise and our enemy come. I stand ready at the brink of forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon38 View Post
    Two reasons. One, space marine bodies aren't stable. Genestealer cults depend upon multiple generations' worth of going unnoticed. Space marines require (and get) medical checkups much more often than regular humans, so there wouldn't be the same opportunity to infiltrate the chapter. Two, "space marine" isn't a species. If a space marine were infected by a genestealer, its progeny would just be human.

Librarian

Don't worry, they'll all be eaten eventually...

there is only one conclusion, Tyranidamorka!
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Initiate

As a collector of Scythes of the Emperor, I can tell you tyranids ate their home planet of Sotha and destroyed all but one company that was off planet at the time. My excuse for having a sizable Scythes army is the chief librarian was off planet and when he returned he used his psychic powers to raise his dead brothers. Thus, skeletons in power armour, a little bit of a pain to convert, but they look cool.

Brother-Sergeant

A correction to my previous post-----

The Space Marine chapter I refered to above was the Iron Warriors, and it was not their homplanet that was destroyed. It was a fortress world they controlled. My bad.
    Let the weak cower. Let the brave fight. Let the fires rise and our enemy come. I stand ready at the brink of forever...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12