BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Sisters of Battle now on GW.com

GW has moved teh Sisters from Witch Hunters to Sisters of Battle.
    Forgive me if this is in the 'Sisters WD codex 'leaked' thread. But that one is getting waaay long and thought we could use another one!

Interesting note on the website: They now list the heavy weapons (Hvy Flamer, Hvy Bolter, Multi-Melta) in the Elites, Troops, and Heavy Support sections.
    Would be nice to have the Hvy Bolter option with my regular Sisters.
    I did notice that the Hvy Flamer was pictured with the Retributors in the WD codex.

Nice, character prices for individual models.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

They can shift them around all they like, until we get plastic infantry at a realistic price point this army will be stuck in a tiny niche.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    I did notice that the Hvy Flamer was pictured with the Retributors in the WD codex.
    The codex and a couple other areas have already pretty well confirmed that Retributors can now be equipped with 4x Heavy Flamers.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Nice, character prices for individual models.
    Well, at least the prices didn't go up. At least not for most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    They can shift them around all they like, until we get plastic infantry at a realistic price point this army will be stuck in a tiny niche.

I tried to tell everyone over a month and a half ago, that their were no new models coming out and your only hope was for certain things to be finecasted (apparently my source confused karamizov being finecasted to mean some SB units would be too), but apparently that fell trough too. Oh well, maybe people will learn to listen from now on.

The WD codex was done purely to keep the SB copy rights active.

Scout

We'll their still expecting $17.50 for 3 sisters of battle, i really want one of these armies, since i was looking into buying them then 1 week later they took off the 10 man (woman) squad, so for now im not making them as army unless i win the lottery

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    We'll their still expecting $17.50 for 3 sisters of battle, i really want one of these armies, since i was looking into buying them then 1 week later they took off the 10 man (woman) squad, so for now im not making them as army unless i win the lottery
    That comes to $5.83/sister which isn't too bad imho. But I have stopped buying sisters till the plastics come out. I want to field a horde Sister list, but regardless of price, I want more variety in the look.

The 5pack Space Marine is $5/marine (granted the 10man Marine is the best deal).

What really blows me away is $14 for a heavy weapon. Even more expensive than a seraphim. But I guess also more metal.

Well. Atleast now you don't get a bunch of uesless storm Bolters everytime you buy a pack of SoB. To bad your still paying $20 CAD for 3 SoB.

=/
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Scout

Also, did anyone else notice on the GW page announcing the new sisters codex theres a picture that looks like there might be finecast sisters of battle? (shows what appears to be a fincast sister with a melta and that one model with the large vox caster), i would say their primed but the saint is primed white and they look like the finecast color and all the other models are that space wolves grey color, anyone else agree/ disagree with this speculation?
    (thats the picture from GW, if thats ok, if not let me know)
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1920918a_Blog090811_8_XL.jpg[/url]
    Last edited by Eldrad; 08-09-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Brother-Captain

Disgusting.
    I know their WD codex is, supposedly, just some sort of stop-gap measure, but I really think everyone in the world would have been happier just waiting until SoB got a new codex like DE.

This just feels like an insult to everyone who plays 40k - even non-Sister players.

Also, WYSIWYG...they didn't need to make a new codex to 'keep' the copyright on Sisters. They already have it, and any trademark/etc. they want to keep up to date can be done by paying legal fees (which they have to do anyway). You don't need to release content to own the rights to it. Not that any reasons they could have for the current SoB treatment make much sense to me, but...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast