BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21

    Default

    Oh if only half of these rumors were true. The changes to GW's bureaucracy and the perspective shifting away from Space Marines are especially appealing. I really want to believe this stuff, but given that even the OP is highly skeptical about their accuracy, the chances seem impossibly slim.

  2. #22

    Default zap!

    I see no problem "turning the mythos on its head". 40k is a story of sorts and a story needs to progress.

    -Find the Emperors descendents and gather them. Perhaps a secret society buried within the Impeerium to consolidate power.

    -Wake up the machine god and flood Mars with Necron. A massive distress beacon not seen since the days of the Horus Heresy is detected in the Terran system.
    A large number of Mechanicus choose to worship the newly risen C'tan/Machine god.
    This is bad for the Imperiums resource and armament.

    -Chaos siding with the Imperium? Perhaps the surviving renegade primarchs do something exceptionally rash and attempt contact with anyone willing to listen to them with Imperial authority.
    This doesn't have to be a far reaching alliance and perhaps with such an act, one or two of these chaos primarchs are cast out by the chaos powers and find themselves in limbo.
    Remember, here are traitor legions that aren't baby baking and blood drinking chaos monstrosities.
    Perhaps a blanket pardon to those traitor legions willing to accept the Emperors light and bring more marine strength back to the fold...*ponders*

    This would cause the Grey knights and most likely the sisters to scorn and turn their back on the Imperium of man.

  3. #23
    Fly Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Things that keep coming up consistantly from all over the place:

    -6th Edition Q2-4 2012
    -Chaos Legions Q1-2 2012
    -6th Edition Boxed set containing CSM vs (someone)

    Just saying....
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Things that keep coming up consistantly from all over the place:

    -6th Edition Q2-4 2012
    -Chaos Legions Q1-2 2012
    -6th Edition Boxed set containing CSM vs (someone)

    Just saying....
    Well, if that's the case, maybe some of this other stuff is true... I suppose we'll see.

    I keep hearing rumors about the Void Dragon awakening and whatnot.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Groglurk View Post
    Oh if only half of these rumors were true. The changes to GW's bureaucracy and the perspective shifting away from Space Marines are especially appealing. I really want to believe this stuff, but given that even the OP is highly skeptical about their accuracy, the chances seem impossibly slim.
    Only half, please. The other half of these rumours are not appealing.


    Quote Originally Posted by DF3CT View Post
    I see no problem "turning the mythos on its head". 40k is a story of sorts and a story needs to progress.
    Frankly, backstory development could present as much if not more progress. What do we know about the 13 Black Crusades? Next to nothing. What happened, who fought, and why have they all failed so far, when the Horus Heresy was so very nearly successful?

    What of the Age of Apostasy? That's a time of internal chaos for the Imperium - did those changes truly make the Imperium stronger, or weaker?

    All the minor races that the Imperium has tried to wipe out - if not for Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and Deathwatch, we wouldn't have seen them again. Collect them under the Tau! What are their cultures and technologies? What are their political and astronomic relationships?

    What are the Eldar doing?! It's been ten thousand years since the Fall and they're about as active as a dead fish. They harass Imperial worlds, get attacked by Tyranids, and float about in space. Surely an ancient race that is all about focus and concentration and single-minded purpose could get something done in ten thousand years? The Imperium has had all sorts of problems all the time - do the Eldar lead some kind of perfectly charmed life?


    Quote Originally Posted by DF3CT View Post
    -Find the Emperors descendents and gather them. Perhaps a secret society buried within the Impeerium to consolidate power.
    The Sensei and the Illuminati again? That's far too convoluted, they can only be represented on a small scale like Dark Heresy, and they have terrible names. No thank you.


    Quote Originally Posted by DF3CT View Post
    -Wake up the machine god and flood Mars with Necron. A massive distress beacon not seen since the days of the Horus Heresy is detected in the Terran system.
    A large number of Mechanicus choose to worship the newly risen C'tan/Machine god.
    This is bad for the Imperiums resource and armament.
    "Bad"? Mars is heavily armed and sits right next to Terra. Mars is also the technological powerhouse that maintains Terra - anything that breaks is fixed by the Mechanicum. It isn't difficult to imagine that the Mechanicus has a device that will remotely unplug the Golden Throne or disconnect the Astronomican, crippling all Warp travel so that Terra loses contact with all incoming reinforcements. If Mars becomes Necron, it's instant game over - Perfect! Finish Him! Fatality!

    The Imperium doesn't have the Emperor card to play this time, so chances of recovery are slim to none, and slim is stuck in the Golden Throne.


    Quote Originally Posted by DF3CT View Post
    -Chaos siding with the Imperium? Perhaps the surviving renegade primarchs do something exceptionally rash and attempt contact with anyone willing to listen to them with Imperial authority.
    This doesn't have to be a far reaching alliance and perhaps with such an act, one or two of these chaos primarchs are cast out by the chaos powers and find themselves in limbo.
    Remember, here are traitor legions that aren't baby baking and blood drinking chaos monstrosities.
    Perhaps a blanket pardon to those traitor legions willing to accept the Emperors light and bring more marine strength back to the fold...*ponders*
    A pardon? The reappearance of two expunged Legions is more likely. On the other hand, I could see Alpha Legion and Night Lords coming in to save the day ... only to enslave the population for a while to get some work done.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    Except we're talking about Chaos fighting an enemy that finds the warp anathema - Necrons. The C'tan, especially if the Void Dragon arises again, would be well placed to create an anti-warp weapon that would necessitate Chaos to wage a conventional war against the Toasters.
    Necrons already have one - the Pylons of Cadia.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by - 7eAL - View Post
    The Imperium doesn't have the Emperor card to play this time, so chances of recovery are slim to none, and slim is stuck in the Golden Throne.
    Unless they unplug the Golden Throne, only to find out that killing the Emperor of man only reincarnates him. The emperor returns to fight against the Necron threat.

    Not saying it will happen, but trying to point out that GW can do whatever they want with their fluff, and ANY dynamic change is better than what we have right now.

    I'd like to think that GW is carefully studying the [relatively small] successes of other game companies to better understand what customers really want, and are starting to learn and adapt. Privateer Press, for example, is constantly advancing their fluff, and I'm sure that GW knows that and, given PP's extreme growth (200% increase in sales in less than a year), it's possible that GW will take a play from their book and start advancing their fluff.

  8. #28
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,126

    Default

    This sounds like a complete load of rubbish.

    Some of it actually sounds half-decent which leads me to believe that it's a load of crap, GW are not capable of pleasing people much, and they certainly wouldn't make the Imperium weaker in the fluff, it would actually be cool if things actually registered as a threat to them and we know we can't have that now can we?

  9. #29

    Default

    You lost me at the timeline moving forward. I've been hearing about the death of the emperor for nearing twenty years now, and I don't believe that at all. You hear it every time a edition comes close to changing.

    I'm still banking for Tau in January-March and not chaos legions.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by - 7eAL - View Post
    The Sensei and the Illuminati again? That's far too convoluted, they can only be represented on a small scale like Dark Heresy, and they have terrible names. No thank you.
    The God-Emperor of mankind already has descendants. They are called Primarchs and Space Marines. I think that's good enough really.

    If GW wants to "revive" the emperor it would mean a new set of unification wars within the Imperium, and a healthy dose of overkill to eradicate the parts the emperor wouldn't agree with (which is, a LOT outside the Space Marines). I think that could play well with the current state of our real world, just with the idea of one real hero for mankind. Also it would put even more emphasis on chaos as the enemy, and if we could get three equally large factions (at least in the codex sense) in Imperial, Chaos, and Xenos, I'd be happy.

    Then again I'd settle for anything new happening. At least move into the next millennia properly. It's 40k for 10,000 years, use those!

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •