BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Death of WHFB?

What?

WHFB is better than its ever been...

To quote the great Mark Twain... methinks, "the reports of [WHFB's] death have been greatly exaggerated."
    Perhaps I didn't make the context clear enough? No one plays it at the local store in my neck of the woods anymore, no one. The manager gets interest in it every so often, but when people learn no one shows up to the game night when priority is still given to whfb, else tables are open to anything they lose interest fast.

Of the 19 people that used to play it, three are now full time 40k, five are wm/h, two are FoW, one is full time into chess, three are a mix of two or more games, one I know quit the hobby completely, one is into CCG's, and the last three I have no idea.

Librarian

I have to agree with most of these comments.

Actually I have another post up right now about getting back into historical wargaming -and of course took some heat for it (a bit of it deserved perhaps). Yet in no way do I intend to sell my 40k collection or stop playing it completely. Your interest in the game may very well ebb and flow over the years. For example I had not played WHFB in nearly a decade and have gotten back into it. Furthermore, think of the dinari you sank into that collection. You're not likely to get it back on Ebay and you'd have to start over again if you decide to start playing again in few years.

It's kinda funny. I live in New Brunswick thier are three main FLGS people play at. 2 of them were mostly WHFB and the one I go to are mostly WH40k.

When 8th ed came out the other stores didn't like it, and the community has been shrinking.

The community I'm a part of?

"THIS IS THE MOST ****ING AWESOME THING EVER!"

Just kinda exploded here. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    I have to agree with most of these comments.

Actually I have another post up right now about getting back into historical wargaming -and of course took some heat for it (a bit of it deserved perhaps). Yet in no way do I intend to sell my 40k collection or stop playing it completely. Your interest in the game may very well ebb and flow over the years. For example I had not played WHFB in nearly a decade and have gotten back into it. Furthermore, think of the dinari you sank into that collection. You're not likely to get it back on Ebay and you'd have to start over again if you decide to start playing again in few years.
    The problem alot of people mistake your snark as trolling/just another whiny post.

I personally found it funny.

*Shrugs*
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-26-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Librarian

magickbk: That was pretty much what i wanted to get across, but you did so so much better than i ever could have with that story. That sounds like a nice life of fun with a wonderful hobby, thank you for telling us that bit of your past. That is just amazing.

laestli: I have heard that the game shops in my area (just move here so don't know for myself) have the same issue, people just don't play fantasy games. Luckilly i have a few friends who do, and with the new storm of magic that might change. I still have to get my Tomb Kings army together though before i can start to play those games.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123