BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First or Second

Occuli Imperator

I prefer second as it enables me to react to my opponent.
    Going first I sometimes feel a bit, "hmm I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing"
    Whereas, 2nd you can see where the enemy wants to fight, and deploy in ways to either meet it head on, or deflect the blow and target a weaker section of the line.
    Of course this philosophy fails when facing a fully reserved list...

I would say I almost always go second.
    I like the ability to respond to my opponent's deployment.

That being said, there are always times where it is better to go first.
    (most notably for me: when fielding a ton of reserves, or using Eldrad)

It depends on the Army and the opponent...
    With my IA or Tau, i prefer almost always turn 1, but against armys with short ranges or lack of transport i have no Problem with going second, against every army that can move more than 12", with most of its units first turn is important. But against shooty armys, in corner deployment or good cover on the table, second isn't bad either. With my GK or Chaos i don't realy care if first or second, at least when i have cover!

There are so many thinks i consider when i have to decide first or second, there is no easy answer!

Banned

I prefer to go first against mech armies (I play Tau and SM). They pay so much to load up in transport, killing two or three in the first round can be a serious dent in their effectiveness.

I prefer to go second against CC armies. I let them deploy then I maximize the distance between us to get some extra time to deal with their rush.

Veteran-Sergeant

it all depends, but most of the time i like to go first... that first turn shooting has won me several games (long fangs love going first) but dawn of war is the worst deployment ever

I tend to want to go second if I'm doing deepstriking armies or objective games. Otherwise I like to go first.

Veteran-Sergeant

depends on mission set up and who i am playing, I play Eldar ALOT and normal will go frist just to stop what i can before it shots at me

Well it depends on the scenario and terrain. But I almost always perfer to go second.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12