BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Have you timed your Space Hulk timer?

I seem to remember that in first edition the Space Marine player was supposed to have 3 minutes for his turn.

I bought two copies of the new edition and noticed that my two timers had different quantities of sand in them.

So I timed them. One is 3.07, the other is 3.17.

So, now I know which to let my opponent use when I'm playing as the genestealers and which to use when I'm playing the terminators!

How long do other people's timers last for?

I timed mine at 2:55 and I've seen others as little as 2:50. I've not yet run out of time in all the games I've played, but I may get a digital stop watch or something to get me that extra 5 seconds. Although... the rule book doesn't say "3 minutes" it says "The amount of time is determined by the sand-filled timer..."

So, RAW means you use the sand timer and not a stopwatch.

MZ

3.01 is mine. was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterZero View Post
    So, RAW means you use the sand timer and not a stopwatch.
    True! I did notice that! Which was partly why I wondered just how long (and how uniform) other people's timers were.

It probably doesn't matter hugely, as long as you do swap sides as you're supposed to (and do use the same timer for both games!).

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic Despot View Post
    True! I did notice that! Which was partly why I wondered just how long (and how uniform) other people's timers were.

It probably doesn't matter hugely, as long as you do swap sides as you're supposed to (and do use the same timer for both games!).
    but it dosnt say you cant modify the timer

humm what to do i only have 2 hours to make my moves

Chaplain

I just timed mine at 2:58. That's good enough for me.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Our timer jammed a few times so if we had left it we could have had unlimited time for our turns. It was my turn using the space marines when I foolishly spotted it and fixed it... My mate even pointed out my silliness :P oh well i think it part of the fun!

Lucky! My timer runs out at 2min 30 sec. At least we don't have to calculate and dump out 15 seconds worth of sand every time we lose a sergeant.

Chaplain

Personally, I think the time rule should just be ignored.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Librarian

I agree. My group ignores the time rule, and rolls a D6 for CP's. Hiding them from the stealer player doesn't change much, and it makes the game so much more fluid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast