BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Plague Marine View Post
    haha, mine jammed first time I tried to time it...............
    Mine jammed the first three times. And I'm only getting 2:27 out of it now that its stopped jamming. Into the garbage it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic Despot View Post
    I seem to remember that in first edition the Space Marine player was supposed to have 3 minutes for his turn.

I bought two copies of the new edition and noticed that my two timers had different quantities of sand in them.

So I timed them. One is 3.07, the other is 3.17.

So, now I know which to let my opponent use when I'm playing as the genestealers and which to use when I'm playing the terminators!

How long do other people's timers last for?

I use a digital stop-clock that beeps every 30 seconds of whatever time I set it to count down from, so it not only makes it easy to keep track of, but adds to the Marine players feeling of being under pressure as they hear the alarm going off (a push of button mutes the alarm and continues the countdown).

The timer is a very important part of the atmosphere of the game, and an important balancing factor for the Genestealers.

The base time for any game is 2:00 minutes, with + :30 seconds for EACH sergeant & captain in play (Captains also add 2 CP each), and + :30 seconds for having ANY psykers in play (not each psyker).

Of course, these are 1st. Edition rules (the only rules worth playing, with the addition of Guard stancefrom 3rd.)

Last point:

Ditch the sand timer, get a stopwatch that beeps on countdown. It adds fun, suspense, and atmosphere to Space Hulk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123