BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Dark Eldar Grotesques

Once again, 40K players get shafted - while WHFB players get plastic kits for every "large" model they like, 40K players get a single goofy finecast Grotesque at a cost of one hundred million pounds. Just like Ogryns. So, just like Ogryns, I've made some of my own...

Librarian

Rear views of spinal sculpts...

Chaplain

Nice! It looks like you used bits from the Talos/Cronos kit and Rat Ogres. Sure, you're using plastic, but a $40 box only has 2 Rat Ogres and a Talos/Cronos kit is $44.50. In other words, where is the money you're saving? The conversions and painting look great, however!

First-Captain

Really nice work.

Scout

The money he's saving may be negligible, but he does have a point with the lack of individuality amongst Grotesques. One sculpt is super lame. His may not be all that much cheaper, but at least they're not all in the same doofy pose.

If you can get the rat ogres online cheap as IOB components and the Talos bits online or as leftovers from an actual Talos/Cronos model you already want there should be some savings in here for a squad this size.

I like the spine detail, it looks just right. May have to borrow that when I update my grotesque raider.

Chapter-Master

wow very nice conversion work: and youve not just reposed them but each pose is very charecturful! i really like the guy with massive fists: probably created after the harmoculs watched too many hulk cartoons :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

Simply brilliant. How did you do the spines?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

holy crap those look soo mich better than the official model which completly sucks, overall i was very disapointed with the Haemonculus,Grotesque, and Wracks i felt they could have been much better.in fact i might actually have bought some Grotesques if they looked like that.

Chapter-Master

Personally I lvoe the Wracks models. A little more movement would be nice, but they not supposed to be fast. So it suits them

The Hemon is also really nice, a few different poses would be good, as it really tricky to get him armed as you want with 2 of the arms already fixed
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast