BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

How did your army do, DarkLink?

I agree with the sentiment that whittling down your opponent is a good idea. Especially when units can get things like multiple Psycannons and str5 stormbolters. For their Terminators, I just think they have just about everything I want in a shooty squad.

Chapter-Master

It did pretty well, I'm happy with it. There were a few things to be tweaked, mainly that a second Interceptor squad would be pretty nice so I could move a bit faster, but all in all I was able to get where I needed to be (especially thanks to outflanking), had enough bodies to block my opponent's advance where needed and enough CC to fight back where needed. I even did well despite a few stupid mistakes on my part.

I gave a rundown of my games [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=153887&postcount=3"]here[/URL], and I like how the army played.

Against the IG guy, the Terminators soaked up enough firepower to protect the Traitor and get me close enough to start psycannoning stuff (though my opponent ceded me a massacre really early on and didn't want to play it out, though I can't disagree that the game would probably play out in my favor).

Against the first GK list, I killed his Storm Ravens easily and tied up his Paladins in his deployment zone, while killing off his other units to win on objective (I made some mistakes that cost me easy points, though, and could have allocated forces better to guarantee a more solid victory for me).

Against the second GK guy, it was a storm bolter and psycannon shootout. He had 4 Rhinos, 1 Razorback, 10 Terminators and everything else was in Power Armor. He had psybolts and nearly twice as many guns as me, but I was able to manuver my forces better to take out several of his units before he could effectively bring them to bear. I basically was able to hammer 2-3 of his units at a time, and gain the assault via outflank and Interceptors, and because he was more spread out he couldn't bring enough firepower to bear to stop me. We ended up decimating each other and tying, but again a few stupid mistakes on my part cost me a lot of victory points.

The second guy had a power armor/foot heavy GK list (though instead of Interceptors he did have some Rhinos), and it was his list that helped confirmed my idea that foot heavy GKs work. They just have so much firepower they can shoot just about anything to death and win most any firefight, and their combat power is not inconciderable when you have 50+ dudes with power weapons.

So, yeah, I really think that foot GKs is a very competitive list on the same level as hybrid or mech GKs. At this point it's just a matter of playing around and figuring out which units work best, which might take a while.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123