BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Librarian

Oh yeah...one other thing: hang in there Britain! We still love 'ya!

Librarian

Good luck to all those effected by the riots, and I hope all our fellow UK BoLS members are ok if you are near the riots, or even if your not in the riots. I hope this is resolved in a way that is good for the people of britain as well.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Chapter-Master

Right, hopefully this gets sorted out quickly. Pointless, large scale violence (and, yes, this is pointless violence) isn't something anyone should want.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
    You mean like you did? Or is this a 'Do as I say, not as I do' situation?
    Slight difference between taking a joking jab at a group (I like making fun of liberals, but I'm not very serious about it) and ranting about how someone's a troll.

If Brass Scorpion misunderstood my comment or took insult, then I'll clarify that no insult was meant. All I said, or intended to say at the least, was "I haven't heard about very many large scale riots like this in America, and oh hey look at those silly liberal college students..."

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    The "Troll" (or opposite "Fanboy") label seems to come down rather quickly these days.
    People just take things too seriously. Not to sound like a hippy, but chill out dudes.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Hee's an idea: Have an announcement issued which states that rioters/looters will be shot on sight by law enforcement. All of a sudden, the numbers drop significantly, and only the lowest of the lowlifes will be left. Nobody cares if they get shot. And huzzah, order has been restored (somewhat)!
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    Hee's an idea: Have an announcement issued which states that rioters/looters will be shot on sight by law enforcement. All of a sudden, the numbers drop significantly, and only the lowest of the lowlifes will be left. Nobody cares if they get shot. And huzzah, order has been restored (somewhat)!
    The problem is with that, that in a civilized society the cops arent allowed to shoot a citizen unless they absolutely have to as an absolute last effort. They have to use non lethal means first before resorting to killing, and that isn't a good thing.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Not to mention Britain pioneered policing by consent, wouldn't like to see that thrown away now. At least the Prime Minister has said water cannons will be provided and used.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

It would seem I wouldn't make a very good cop.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    The problem is with that, that in a civilized society ...
    Ha!! This isn't directed to you, ERW, but every time I hear "in a civilized society" I always want to scream "OPEN YOUR @#$!% EYES AND TAKE A LOOK AROUND! DOES THIS LOOK LIKE @#$!% CIVILIZATION TO YOU?!! IF SO, GET BACK IN THE TREE, YOU @#$!% MONKEY!!"

Like I said, I'm not directing that at you, ERW. Usually when I hear someone talking about civilization, it's someone waxing pedantic over their misguided views of the social sciences. They're usually sipping a latte, insisting that the murderers are the "real" victims, while the television streams video of eviscerated and/or dismembered corpses lying in the street. I'll be honest with you, if given a choice between the tender-hearted wisdom of some of these "progressive" social "scholars" and the "draconian" views of Niccolo Machiavelli, I'll take Machiavelli every damned day. Niccolo, at least, knew what he was talking about, having been on the losing end of a struggle against the Medici.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Yes, but we have the army for crushing revolts, not the police. The police need to be able to maintain law and order peacefully after the revolt is crushed and you can't do that if you just krumped da chavs.

One thing that annoys me is when you get people say 'we can't use the military to suppress this, they haven't been used for that in hundreds of years!'. Well, no, the military was used to suppress various riots in the Days of May in1831, notably the Queens Square riot in Bristol and earlier in the Peterloo massacre of 1819. So its been a while, but not hundreds of years.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

The police's job is to maintain order and protect the public.

The army's job is to Kill people

what i am getting at is

Police do the Policing = Win

Army do the Policing = Fail

Simples!
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 08-11-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast